How do I sell a domain that is locked for the first 3 month

NameSilo
Watch

bretttina

Top Member
Impact
Hi all,

First things first, this might not be the right thread so if it is not sorry,

I am with godaddy and i have only just started out in domaining i have seen plenty of people offering domains that they have only just registered....... but with godaddy all my domains seem to be "Transfer locked" for 3 months?

Why is this ? and can i still sell a domain that is still in the 3 months transfer locked period?

If i can how do i go about doing it please.

Probably as stupid question but hey :red:

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You can push to another godaddy account any time.

•••
90 Days? Hmmm....are you sure its not 60 days (2 months)??

Since most people use Go daddy for these kind of things, at least on this forum, have your buyer get a GD account and then you can "push" (internally transfer) the domain from your account to theirs in about 5 minutes. It's simple :)

So, theoretically, if you buy a new GD domain for, lets say, 99 cents, you can "push" to it another GD member in less than 5 minutes if you want. Good luck finding the right domain :)

YOU CANNOT move the domain out of the GD family to another registrar for 60 days and everytime its "pushed" to another GD member it starts the 60 day timeclock over again.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Thanks guys,

So what you are saying is : i can register a domain and i can push this to another godaddy account straight away... yes? , will the new owner , own the domain outright ?

•••
Thanks guys,

So what you are saying is : i can register a domain and i can push this to another godaddy account straight away... yes? , will the new owner , own the domain outright ?

Yes and yes

•••
Hi Brettina,

this could help you a little bit
http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/6870/domain-name-transfer-faq?countrysite=au

To sum up :
You can register/buy a name today and push it ( change the account / transfer it to another GoDaddy account ) whenever you want. The owner of the account you will be transferring the name to will own it immediately after accepting the transfer and the whois information will change accordingly.

It seems complicated the first time you do it but you will see yourself it's really an easy and immediate process.

•••
Domains

If you want to sell the domain which is 3 month locked , you just want to do is .... give it to any hosting company at lower rates.

•••
Create a paper contract with the buyer... so the actual transfer just becomes an administrative side-issue

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back