Zofa

Established Member
Impact
Bought today to resell.
18 years old domain.
Any opinions please.
Need appraisal. Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
-

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Nine dollars, and ninety nine cents.,

--- EDITED --

#1. If you bought the domain yesterday, that's the price.
If you bought the domain 18 years ago, you can brag about ownership. Your own words.,

#2. Multiple trademarks have already been registered. Almost 30+ companies.

Note to the owner:

I am wondering if you are aware about trademarks, I am no expert on these matters, but I happen to note HOT INVEST is a registered trademark by 30+ companies., and it will be rather a bad sign if your domains are flagged down in future for TM infringement, I can recommend you take a look into this regard,. Suggest you to drop these names, or use liquidation sites to sell them as soon as possible to avoid future UDRPs. Kindly don;t be disheartened, for I am only writing in good faith, and not to prove a point here, or negate your reasons.

Ps. Those geniuses who down-voted must do their own due diligence before hiting [-1]
Your view #1 - it doesn't make sense. What if i bought it yesterday and paid $100 for it?! What if i bought car. com yesterday? Still 9,99 as i bought it yesterday?? :) read again what you wrote..
Even if not to consider domain's age (18 years) meaningful (!) 2 popular (!) dictionary words domain name can't cost reg price. Unprofessional appraisal!

Your view #2 - It is not the same trademark issues like brands pepsi, apple or google, it consists of 2 general dictionary words, important thing is not to copy their business field exactly the same. if it is still trademark issue still outbound can work.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Much as like to say its a great name, almost 5-6 listed companies are actively trading under this name,
If you get a TM by applying to the USTPO, or your local IPR, the probability of not getting WIPO is lesser.
Else, the value of the domain is simply a dollar, and ninety nine for its registration fees.
Appraised value [after getting trademark] - $30k, else its simply $9.99

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back