domain Holofax.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
I registered holofax.com. It is my first "Holo" domain. Not sure how to price it for sale. Don't want to over price and don't want to leave money on the table.

Any ideas?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What is a "holo fax"??? I have not heard of fax in relation to holo technology. Please explain.

•••
Funny you should ask. I came across a couple of sites dedicated to domain names starting with "Holo". "Holo" seems to refer to holographic. I bought the domain imagining a technology where faxes could be holographic instead of say paper.

I just did a google search for Holofax and it seems the term is used for several products, patents, etc. I just thought of what could be a cool technology.

•••
I used to own a fair few holo- domains. However, I might have been a bit early to the game, as I didn't get any interest, so I dropped a lot of them, including holoviewers.com, which might have been a mistake.

With holofax.com, you are taking a bit of a gamble, because you are trying to guess what term will become popular. However, I see your thinking behind the name, although fax is already something of an outdated technology.

As for pricing, I think it's best that you decide what you want for it, or invite offers.

•••
Fax is dying, 20th-century technology. When was the last time you sent one ?

•••
•••
I used to own a fair few holo- domains. However, I might have been a bit early to the game, as I didn't get any interest, so I dropped a lot of them, including holoviewers.com, which might have been a mistake.

With holofax.com, you are taking a bit of a gamble, because you are trying to guess what term will become popular. However, I see your thinking behind the name, although fax is already something of an outdated technology.

As for pricing, I think it's best that you decide what you want for it, or invite offers.
I own HoloViewers.com

•••
It's a spec name for me, plus I just like it. I even like saying it! Hope theres a buyer out there at some point that likes it. :)

•••
I own HoloViewers.com

I think it's a good domain and I made a bit of a mistake dropping it. I held it for approx five years, offered it for sale here, didn't get any offers, then got a bit impatient and dropped it. Microsoft bought out the HoloLens a year or so later ... However, one of the issues is that any tech company tends to invent its own brand name, like HoloLens or HTC Vive, so you're still going to have to hope that holoviewer becomes an established term. The term does make sense to me, but the domain will only get valuable if it does indeed become an established term.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back