IT.COM

news Hold onto Your Hats! Flippa Acquires Domain Holdings - Predicts $70 Million in Sales This Year

NameSilo
Watch

yogiDomain

DemonerTop Member
Impact
Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This is one crazy development indeed.. wouldn't have imagined it in 100 years!

Was that sarcasm? From all the brokerage moves that they were making this is a step forward in the direction that they were moving in my opinion. Hopefully this will just result in even better prices.. Good luck to Flippa and to all of us who sell there :)

EDIT: I also hope that this means the end of DomainHoldings spam emails to sellers..

•••
DNJournal.com has learned that Flippa.com, a popular marketplace for buying and selling websites, domains, and apps, has acquired premium domain name brokerage company, Domain Holdings Group, for an undisclosed price. The combined entities are projected to ring up $70 million in sales over the next 12 months: http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/lowdown/2015/dailyposts/20150520.htm

•••
*checks his pockets* seems i ran out of sarcasm tags for today

was referring to the title ;)

•••
A very good decision made by Flippa :)
They seized the opportunity and thus increased their market share and customers reach.
Their revenue will be higher.

The current Flippa's price list is extremely unfair to domainers.
I hope they will lower the premium and ultra premium listings prices.
For example, $149 instead of $249 for premium and $199 instead of $349 for ultra premium.
I have many good domains but paying for premium/ultra premium is removing any benefit of 10% success fee...
Low success fee without reasonable prices for upgrades isn't worth it...
I strongly suggest to consider lowering the prices for upgrades(If any Flippa employee see this and care).

•••
Definitely didn't see it coming!

•••
This is one crazy development indeed.. wouldn't have imagined it in 100 years!

•••
•••
I don't think this is a good move for domaining, is getting more like "industrialization" now, fat wallet guys buys kickstarters, everywhere.

•••
oh my lord !! This one is unexpected ! Cheers to Flippa

•••
Do you guys also feel something or is it just me, suspecting that something major is going to be happening in the domain (buying/selling/brokerage) world in near future.

Now we see more Domain Brokers starting their own brokerage firms. First Tracy Fogarty (of Domain Holdings) with her own eNaming.com domain brokerage, then Giuseppe Graziano (another one from Domain Holdings) started to offer domain broker services under ggrg.com, and now this, Flippa acquires Domain Holdings. Let's expect something grand in the domaining world (in a good way.)

I am also sure that something more exciting will happen this year along the way.

•••
Best time to invest in good domains.

•••
Sounds like it's time for us to develop WeDomain into the cheapest auction platform known to domainers!

•••
Flippa's support has disappeared. I haven't received any replies to my emails in over a week now. Anyone else have this problem?

•••
•••
We have learned that Flippa.com a popular marketplace for buying and selling websites, domains, and apps, has acquired premium domain name brokerage company, Domain Holdings Group, for an undisclosed price. A joint release from leaders of the two companies, Flippa's Founder Mark Harbottle, and DomainHoldings' Co-Founder John Ferber, said the combined entities are projected to ring up $70 million in sales over the next 12 months, putting them in position to compete with aftermarket giants Sedo and Go Daddy.

Harbottle, who also founded 99Designs.com, said, "When you take a dominant marketplace like Flippa.com and add the most respected outbound sales teams in the domain name space, you have a platform for selling digital assets that will be unrivaled in the market.” We have been told that the DomainHoldings brand will be retained with few changes expected other than adding staff to help drive continued growth.

Ferber is famous for founding and selling Advertising.com to America Online for nearly $500 million in 2004 before joining forces with Chad Folkening to launch Domain Holdings in 2010. The company booked nearly $31 million in sales last year. Ferber said, "We’re thrilled for the Domain Holdings team to join Flippa. We’ve been watching the Flippa marketplace go from strength to strength strength and the combination of these two companies will create a powerful sales platform for domain names and web sites that will be hard to beat."

Ferber and Folkening founded another company, Bidtellect, in 2011 that has made a big splash in the rapidly growing field of native advertising, so this deal will also allow them to focus on continuing to grow that business.

Source: DNJ

•••
Now that is a smart move.

•••
Now that is a smart move.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back