IT.COM

debate High Rates of Domain and Competitive Market

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Suraj Soni

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys

I often feel that if sellers list their domain with realistic price on Godaddy and other marketplace so domaining can be easy very lucrative.

Lets say if a CVCV domain is listed with a $5000 then we can purchase it and sale it others at $6000 which will not be much difficult but what we are seeing is most of the good domains are listed at so high price that neither that is gone a sale nor anyone else can resale them.

My point is $100 to $500 is good margin rather than waiting for $10000 profit which never gone happen.

What do you think??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The problem is everyone wants to buy for $50 and sell for $5000

•••
whatever margin "you" are happy with, should suffice

it's when you start looking at what other people did or say they did, that makes you think your profit wasn't enough

though, on the other side of that coin...

it's presumptuous for you to think the name will never sale at that price, simply because "you" fell the amount the seller is asking for, is too high.

there are two games being played, the waiting game and the flipper mentality

flippers don't like the waiters, cuz they can afford to be patient, and flippers can't

:)

imo....

•••
I feel crazy when i see some cvcv domain listed at higher than $50,000 D-:

•••
I think this is an interesting point - greed can be a dangerous emotion and if not controlled can lose you money rather than make it for you. also, everyone is always looking for a deal so you have to balance that up with still making what you're happy with on a name. if you've hand reg'd a name for £10 and can sell for a reasonable profit you're happy with then is it really worth holding out for a big sale that may never come.

as biggie says a lot depends on your business model too - i think you either have to be a flipper stacking them high and selling them cheap (so to speak) or a waiter who can afford to buy higher quality names & wait to get top price for them

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back