Dynadot

discuss High Offer - Is it really?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
tips-for-attending-auctions1.jpg

I have an observation about the namepros marketplace.

EXAMPLE...

----------------------------------------------------------

I have a DOMAIN1.com for sale

Place your BID

Bump

Bump

Bump

Have high offer of xx,xxx.xx

Bump

Bump

Have higher offer of xx,xxx.xx

Looking for xxx,xxx.xx

Bump

Bump

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I always wonder about these so called anonymous bids because basically the OP can say anything they want regardless of true or not.

Now I am not accusing anyone here but I have seen blatant lies in the past where I knew as a fact there was not an xxx.xx bid. In fact I know the bid was only xx.xx

It's a bit frustrating knowing there is no safety in place when making those claims.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can the bid be verified by a moderator? This way the bidder (if there is one) remains private.

Wouldn't take long to do and the mod can post in the thread "verified bid" and you then know its genuine.....

•••
Show attachment 125027

I have an observation about the namepros marketplace.

EXAMPLE...

----------------------------------------------------------

I have a DOMAIN1.com for sale

Place your BID

Bump

Bump

Bump

Have high offer of xx,xxx.xx

Bump

Bump

Have higher offer of xx,xxx.xx

Looking for xxx,xxx.xx

Bump

Bump

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I always wonder about these so called anonymous bids because basically the OP can say anything they want regardless of true or not.

Now I am not accusing anyone here but I have seen blatant lies in the past where I knew as a fact there was not an xxx.xx bid. In fact I know the bid was only xx.xx

It's a bit frustrating knowing there is no safety in place when making those claims.

Yeah it's funny, one of the oldest marketplace ploys. Because some will have a thread 3 years old, really still looking? Wow cue the U2 song, Still haven't found what I'm looking for.

•••
Of course it's not true. It always ends up selling for less than the alleged high bid.

It's like the "discount valid only for today!!!" scheme.

•••
Can the bid be verified by a moderator? This way the bidder (if there is one) remains private.
We could do that on behalf of the parties involved if requested, but many times, the location of the received offer isn't specified so the seller could claim that it took place elsewhere (e.g., Skype).

Our forums marketplace is a lot like transacting through email except it offers improved protection, history, and transparency. Still, sellers can claim things that can't be confirmed, just like they can when you're negotiating through email.

We hope that helps.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back