Domain Empire

Hi, I’m new here and kind of lost.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Marth

Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
yo every newbie is lost ..us once too...then after 1000 hours of work we are found

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Hello, theres alot of info and even more examples of what not to do here... Basically in the beginning just be lost... try to SKIM through posts that catch your eye... and just do that for a long time... still you start to build a little framework in your head...

please you have the advantage of not pulling the trigger yet, so dont just rush out and try to register domains... your best bet is probably going to be to try to find aftermarket cheap domains that look decent / already have some other bids on them... In the begining its easy to think something catch-cool-fish.com is gonna sell but it wouldnt sell for even 1 dollar... so dont waste your time and money trying to register junk until you can ... Honestly look at other peoples domains and confidently decide prices... The prices here are ultra low... the prices on aftermarket sites are ultra high... so you want to ground yourself in Names that general business can use or some other entity -> where its just a regular domain name for their already existing or soon to exist website, nothing crazy no crazy phrases or weird sounding things like Nova-Instructional-Design.com look at this name.. that just expired... Why do you think it expired? probably because the only company that could be their customer was a design company... That specializes in instructional based design ... and their name HAD to be nova...

That company probably wouldnt have the word instructional design in their name as it's a brand "NOVA" or maybe NOVADESIGNS... but thats like trying to say coke -> would want to buy colasodaBeverage.com -> its junk...

i know theres a huge paragraph i just left you but basically use your gut if your english primary language then you can you your gut...

otherwise if english isnt your native tongue -> theres going to be a lot of pitfalls that you fall into that will make your domains worthless when at first they might seem good to you. Im not sure how to explain this but i can definetly see it in action when people post some names, so again just try to spend as much time as you can while your still fresh on the scent and learning... and i promise you, you will do just fine... dont look at it like a quick way to make a buck but rather the fact that names only are 1 of 1 / and that registering / buying good names and holding them, can pay off sometimes.

Even the GREAT names are going to take time to sell... dont think of it like NO IM SMARTER THEN THE AVERAGE JOE... THESE GUYS ARE JUST TRYING TO BIG LEAGUE ME... cause honestly if you start to lose on names, then your wins will be that much less so it pays to do the homework.

Last edited:
•••
Upvote 0
Hi, Marth. Welcome to Namepros

•••
Upvote 0
Domaining is simple yet complex at the same time. If you can be successful with domains than you can be successful at anything. I recommend DomainSherpa on Youtube if you are new. Don't spend a dollar on a domain until you have a good understanding. If you still have questions, don't buy!

•••
Upvote 0

here.jpeg

•••
Upvote 0
Hello, theres alot of info and even more examples of what not to do here... Basically in the beginning just be lost... try to SKIM through posts that catch your eye... and just do that for a long time... still you start to build a little framework in your head...

please you have the advantage of not pulling the trigger yet, so dont just rush out and try to register domains... your best bet is probably going to be to try to find aftermarket cheap domains that look decent / already have some other bids on them... In the begining its easy to think something catch-cool-fish.com is gonna sell but it wouldnt sell for even 1 dollar... so dont waste your time and money trying to register junk until you can ... Honestly look at other peoples domains and confidently decide prices... The prices here are ultra low... the prices on aftermarket sites are ultra high... so you want to ground yourself in Names that general business can use or some other entity -> where its just a regular domain name for their already existing or soon to exist website, nothing crazy no crazy phrases or weird sounding things like Nova-Instructional-Design.com look at this name.. that just expired... Why do you think it expired? probably because the only company that could be their customer was a design company... That specializes in instructional based design ... and their name HAD to be nova...

That company probably wouldnt have the word instructional design in their name as it's a brand "NOVA" or maybe NOVADESIGNS... but thats like trying to say coke -> would want to buy colasodaBeverage.com -> its junk...

i know theres a huge paragraph i just left you but basically use your gut if your english primary language then you can you your gut...

otherwise if english isnt your native tongue -> theres going to be a lot of pitfalls that you fall into that will make your domains worthless when at first they might seem good to you. Im not sure how to explain this but i can definetly see it in action when people post some names, so again just try to spend as much time as you can while your still fresh on the scent and learning... and i promise you, you will do just fine... dont look at it like a quick way to make a buck but rather the fact that names only are 1 of 1 / and that registering / buying good names and holding them, can pay off sometimes.

Even the GREAT names are going to take time to sell... dont think of it like NO IM SMARTER THEN THE AVERAGE JOE... THESE GUYS ARE JUST TRYING TO BIG LEAGUE ME... cause honestly if you start to lose on names, then your wins will be that much less so it pays to do the homework.
Amazing! (y) :xf.smile:

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
50 more members will post here and make you more lost too.
Hang on and be patient.

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
Welcome, look around the forum.

•••
Upvote 0
Welcome to NP! You'll get used to it!

•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
•••
Upvote 0
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back