Impact
What’s your name?

A: Bora

Where do you live?

A: Serbia

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.

A: Novice

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.

A: A year

What would you like to specifically learn first?
How to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.

A:How to find a good domain

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?

A: Just trying to learn about domaining and apply as much as I can

What are your short-term goals in the next year?

A:Learning how to buy and sell good domain in the middle xxx range

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?

A: Buying and selling great domains continuously

What was your first domain you purchased?

A: SanFranciscoArtGallery.com

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.

A: For the past 2 or 3 years I've been obsessed with reading and studying various blogs and e-books about blogging, freelancing, digital marketing, information products and online businesses in general. Someone could think: “Wow, this guy is obsessed for years about something, he probably has amazing results!”

I had zero results.

The problem was I haven't actually done anything. I've read tons of stuff, had daydreams about making it online, admired people who did amazing things, but I was affraid to try something, anything. Two years ago I did start writing an ebook, but I concluded that no one would buy that, so I stopped. It seemed like everything was to hard to even start, I was just overwhelmed.

And then I discovered domaining. And yes, I was pretty much instantly hooked. I haven't really thought I could immediately buy a domain for $10 and sell it for $100,000, but it seemed very possible to buy a domain for $10, and sell it for $100, or $200. That sounded great. So I devoured every piece of information about domaining, and then actually tried to buy and sell one. It was SanFranciscoArtGallery.com, and I've failed. I had 83 potential end users, but no one had answered (I didn't know how important follow up is back then, and the domain itself wasn't spectacular). Later I've realized that I've sent around 30 emails addressing buyers as “stuff”, instead of ”staff”! I almost facepalmed myself to death. It was hilarious. Just one of many mistakes I made along the way. After the first domain, I was kind of discouraged. Yes, after only one try. I put domaining on hold, and continued with my usual job (I'm a musician).

Only after five or six months did I really came back to domaining. Now I was much more focused and determined to succeed. I and did! Soon I've sold my first domain for $50, and then in the next couple of months one for $250, and two more for $100. So, it was working, and it was awesome.

Still, I have so much to learn, and I hope I'll come to the point where I can make one or two weekly sales, and keep going forward.

I want to thank all of you guys and gals at namepros, you're amazing. I've learned so much, and I continue to learn every day.

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Great intro! Welcome to NamePros!

Hope to work with you in the future!

All the best!

•••
Hello Bora and welcome...nice intro!

•••
HaHa.... great post... I cannot think of any questions to ask you that you have not already answered :xf.smile:

I can just say that you meet the criteria to do well in the industry.
First rule is always "do your research" and then "ask questions of your peers". (y)(y)(y)

You will do well :woot:

•••
•••
•••
Welcome To NamePros Bora.

You're at the right place. Be patient, continue to read and learn what makes a domain name valuable and how to find potential buyers. The best tip I can give is that you need to find the potential buyers before buying the domain name. Good luck.

•••
•••
Hello Bora :) Welcome to Namepros!

•••
•••
Hey @Bora

Welcome to NamePros! good luck

•••
•••
Thanks for the nice welcome and good advice! I'm looking forward to get involved in discussions. :)

•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
Hey there @Bora
IMG_20170512_080604.jpg

Hope to see you around

•••
•••
Hello Bora.. Welcome to NamePros..

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back