IT.COM

.tv "Here’s the interesting part — to them, that is television.”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My kids too - and my wife - and me. Oh, and now Grandad since he got a Mac.

Big ticket TV like Champions League, BBC big budget stuff, ITV saturday nights, all end up being watched on traditional TV.

Everything else is via the computer or laptops.

Oh, I think that's called 'convergence' - and many here are helping it smoothly find its rightful place in the world.

Good time to be in the room 'as they say'!

•••
That's the way technology is heading. Soon we won't need to have a TV anymore, just a laptop. When people travel on the trains to & from work, they'll all have their laptops out watching their favourite programs during their 1 hr train ride. Actually, we'll be watching our programs on our cellphone. :)

•••
i dont know about cellphones but laptops and desktops are going to be the future tv screens
in fact this is happening already

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
My son was all into downloading movies to watch on his ipod for awhile, but really, how can you enjoy anything on a screen that size?

•••
DDC_Cyn, i fully agree with u but what about laptops and desktop screens, i think they r big enough to enjoy ur favourite tv shows and movies

•••
DDC_Cyn said:
My son was all into downloading movies to watch on his ipod for awhile, but really, how can you enjoy anything on a screen that size?

Gents,

I don't think we can judge this in our view as an adult.
I still remembered the feeling when I played Nintendo Gameboy in a back seat during a History class. Gameboy has a much smaller screen than IPOD/iphone.

Kids don't care that much how the screen size is. As long as, they can use it when it's needed. :blink:

•••
It's true that portability is the key for many. One of the things I like to do for fun is look for locations where my favorite TV shows were shot. Having the episodes on a phone or iPod to compare when you're standing there is very cool.

Laptops and computers are fine for viewing if you've got the power to keep it running smoothly. I still have issues with streaming videos that stall or get out of sync, but I do watch DVDs on my laptop.

•••
i have witvg.com (world internet tv guide) because it's the future

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back