IT.COM

Help! The seller hasn't push the domain, what should I do?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just after filed a claim, almost at the same time he refunded the money and refused to do further contact about that domain. I think that's the best for both of us.

I have paid mid xx via paypal on a domain I am interested. This transaction is not at sedo, afternic or NP, I just visited the domain I am interested and found this domain was for sale by the owner, so I contacted him and reached a price and I paid. Now this is the 4th day since I successfully paid. However, he mentioned in his last e-mail 3 days ago that:
I just learned I have a paypal account under the e-mail address
[email protected] that is set up and verified. There is a lot of work and wait to get the account [email protected] set up and verified.
I am leaving zz in less than an hour, and won't be back until monday.
I'll check my mail just before I leave.

Isn't that weird? We all know that paypal account needn't to be verified before receive a payment and he can easily pay the money to his verified account to transfer the fund to his bank account.
What should I do, NPers? I know this domain is at godaddy, and his WHOIS info is using a PO box, so what you could recommend me do? I e-mailed him today that I would give him last 24 hrs before I file a claim to Paypal if the problem is not solved.

Thank you for your help.

update Sep 7
He replied my email and said he's doing verification of bank account like getting routing number and verification of a token deposit. I found his whois address is at Rhode Island, I don't know if that would be the issue. Because I'm in the States and I don't have a problem to receive payment as soon as I register at paypal without verification and I can simply make payment to my verified account easily.
Anyway, I will update the info so everybody can learn something from this transaction. Even if this is just a fuss.

update Sep 8
His new email, this man is so unreasonable, I think I am gonna file a claim tomorrow, I just don't want to lose the name. BTW, I have already paid and he still said this:
I have a paypal account under the e-mail address
[email protected]. This one you can use if you want.
I haven't used paypal since my first and only time months ago.
I didn't even know the e-mail address determines the account.

I do know paypal does not help the buyer if the seller of a domain name
takes the money and gives no name. They exclude domain names.
They tell you to file a complaint with an agency, that has no enforcement.

Check it out.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
paypal wont do anything for u..

give it some time....if not tell us the domain so we are sure to stay away from buyer.
U can try paypal but i would hold on for a bit.

When u dont use some escrow service this is what u have to take a risk with and I know its not worth the fee for a XX$ domain.

PM also sent

•••
Thanks guys.
I will give him extra 24hrs to see what will happen.

•••
let us know what happens. Hopefully others learn from this...

•••
duskdawn said:
I have paid mid xx via paypal on a domain I am interested. This transaction is not at sedo, afternic or NP, I just visited the domain I am interested and found this domain was for sale by the owner, so I contacted him and reached a price and I paid. Now this is the 4th day since I successfully paid. However, he mentioned in his last e-mail 3 days ago that:
I just learned I have a paypal account under the e-mail address
[email protected] that is set up and verified. There is a lot of work and wait to get the account [email protected] set up and verified.
I am leaving zz in less than an hour, and won't be back until monday.
I'll check my mail just before I leave.

He/She might be from a country which is not in the authorised list of paypal. You can create an account but paypal suspend it as soon as you receive a payment.

But in any case its weired that he/she did not contact you after you have made the payment.

Best of luck with future deals.

•••
chodhry said:
He/She might be from a country which is not in the authorised list of paypal. You can create an account but paypal suspend it as soon as you receive a payment.

But in any case its weired that he/she did not contact you after you have made the payment.

No, he whois address shows he's in the States.

•••
chodhry said:
He/She might be from a country which is not in the authorised list of paypal.
IMO, the guy would refuse the offer or even ask another mode of payment if he/she is not available with paypal..

•••
duskdawn said:
chodhry said:

No, he whois address shows he's in the States.

Well you can stuff your whois with anythign you want so that does not mean you are actually living at that address. Did you try to reach him on a phone call?

bentong said:
chodhry said:
He/She might be from a country which is not in the authorised list of paypal.
IMO, the guy would refuse the offer or even ask another mode of payment if he/she is not available with paypal..

Well, PayPal does not stop you registering an account from anywhere in the world. I have had a similar situation back in 2002. Andrew from 00fun.com (casalemedia guy) asked me if I can accept paypal to pay me for the very first job of preloader/intro. I quickly went to the site got myself signedup and told him yes. He sent the money but PayPal suspended my account. I had to ask a US resident friend to take over that account, do the verification and send me the money.

Anyways, I am not saying that it is not a scam which there are many chances it could be. Just was thinking that it might be some genuine problem with the seller. PLease keep us updated abou tthe situation.

Thanks!

•••
Over the chargebacks I had with paypal (which is like 4), 2 being intangible items (1 is domain, another is password), I have all my money refunded. So give this fellow some time, otherwise apply for chargeback. It might turn out better than you thought.

Flora.

•••

Thank you guys.
update Sep 7
He replied my email and said he's doing verification of bank account like getting routing number and verification of a token deposit. I found his whois address is at Rhode Island, I don't know if that would be the issue. Because I'm in the States and I don't have a problem to receive payment as soon as I register at paypal without verification and I can simply make payment to my verified account easily.
Anyway, I will update the info so everybody can learn something from this transaction. Even if this is just a fuss.

•••
YEah, let's se ethen the informations ;) tha would be good

•••
duskdawn said:

Thank you guys.
update Sep 7

Yeah, would be looking forward to it.

•••
update Sep 8
His new email, this man is so unreasonable, I think I am gonna file a claim tomorrow, I just don't want to lose the name. BTW, I have already paid and he still said this:

I have a paypal account under the e-mail address
[email protected]. This one you can use if you want.
I haven't used paypal since my first and only time months ago.
I didn't even know the e-mail address determines the account.

I do know paypal does not help the buyer if the seller of a domain name
takes the money and gives no name. They exclude domain names.
They tell you to file a complaint with an agency, that has no enforcement.

Check it out.

Last edited:
•••
Just after filed a claim, almost at the same time he refunded the money and refused to do further contact about that domain. I think that's the best for both of us.

•••
Good to here it sorted, weird guy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back