Domain Empire

domain Help me out here please - instantbiology.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ogundare Segun

Impact
Hi, i am new to domaining and when i started learning about it, i decided i was going to buy 1 and try flip it for a profit thinking it was as easy as most youtubers termed it, So i acquired instantbiology.com on namecheap basically because godaddy appraised the value to be around 1500 USD and biology gets alot of searches on google (fairly above 90k/month in usa alone and instantchemistry.com also sold for exactly 1800 USD), so i thought maybe selling it for 500 would be a good deal, but later, i found out that it's not as easy as that, so i'm starting to think that maybe i made the wrong choice, i don't even know what to think again. Please help me before i make further mistakes.

Now, I know mistakes are meant to help one learn more but i live in Nigeria and i'm an honest hustler, and if you've been to Nigeria, you'd know that an average hustler down here does not have the luxury of just investing over 100 USD in a business he's not sure of or knows next to nothing about. So please mentor me if you have to, Just help me understand more about how the whole process of researching good domain names for quick flipping (for starters), I'd really appreciate

Thanks
Ogundare Segun

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Ogundare,

Welcome to the forum.

It is not easy to make money in this game, not matter what those YouTube "experts" say......

If I could turn back the clock I would not not invest a penny for the first 3 months and do a through job of researching domains.......advise you to do the same...

Good starting point: https://www.namepros.com/threads/popular-beginner-resources.844937/

Also never trust automated appraisals......

Last edited:
•••
Thank you so much Nick B, this means alot. I'll check that out now.

•••
Flip means fast and fast means small margin. 500 bucks is not the amount you can get easily for a Low XXXX valuated domain. and a profit is not guaranteed for any domian sale whatsoever. the sale happens only when it happens and the money hit your account.

The only method i can see for a good opportunity of relatively quick flip is to negoiciate a good wholesale price here in NP for a "good name" and try to do some outbounds with a small margin. Not easy for a beginner but this is the way. there is no shortcuts in domaining.

Wish you all the best.

•••
Hi Ogundare,

First of all, I am not an expert, I am just starting out like you are. But IMHO, "instantbiology.com" as a handreg is not that bad. Especially when considering that it's your first purchase. But as you said, it's not that easy to get a sale done as it seems at first.

For now, always think twice before buying any more. I usually wait a few days when I find new names to know if I change my mind later. Also, stick with letters-only .coms until you get familiar with the industry. Feel free to DM me if you have something specific to ask me about.

Regards
Anees Ahmad

Last edited:
•••
Welcome Ogundare,

Wish you all the luck in the world to go along with a real "hustler" - and I mean that in a smart & good way! - positive attitude. It's impressive to meet anyone new to domaining that has the insight to enter the space the correct way - dip your toe and realize quick you want more info and seem to want to be successful. Most of us go broke and quit - hahaha.

The advice above is great! these are the same NP amazing people who help me out when I started - a few + years ago. Most of the time you will get good feedback - even if you dont like the way it's given (have a thick skin).

My only add to what is above is: .

1. com only, until you feel like you get it (IMO even then, just .com)
  2. Real words or combo or words that make sense grammatically. If you are going for an english speaking crowd - the strange nuances we add to English is a nightmare for English as a Second Language speakers(this is a general statement to all) . So, just be careful on word order - if they work as a real thing, not 2 real words stuck together.
  3. If you can keep your names 7 or less (LETTERS, no numbers or dashes) you will have significantly better odds at a sale (don't mistake this to mean a quick sale or flip, it's not) - & make your absolute Max # of LETTERS be 12.
Best of luck again,
Brian

•••
just remember it takes months and sometimes years of super hard work and many hours a day to get good at domaining.. cause thats exactly how it happened for everyone here... and if u accept it gladly and follow it then u will be fine.
else quit now.

Last edited:
•••
When you're using appraisal tools, remove 2 of the zeroes from whatever their estimate is (With some of the paid tools, you need to remove 3 zeroes since they really want to convince you that your portfolio us uber-valuable so that you keep paying them).

If they tell you a domain is worth $1500, you can probably sell it quickly here for $15-$30. Those tools just aren't useful in evaluating individual domains. (Don't take this the wrong way, I'm not suggesting to go and register a bunch of names that get appraised at $1500 in order to instantly sell them here for $15-$30, but that could be a good start, IF you find the right names, to build up some more capital.)

I could see InstantBiology.com getting a couple bids here in auction, I don't know how much it would go for tho.

If someone could come along with 0 experience and buy a name and flip it for 50x that amount quickly, consistently, there wouldn't be any cheap names left.

It's great that you are realizing this after buying one name, instead of buying 50 or 100.

Wishing you great success!

Last edited:
•••
The sale of high priced domain names has certain contingency. If you are a new, it is better to look at other people's experience and not buy blindly.Read industry news and latest technology reports.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back