Domain Empire

Hello!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Selladom

Established Member
Impact
Hi Everyone,

I purchased my first domain in 1995 and have bought many others over the years.
Always with a project in mind.

I'm here to see if I can learn how to better sell off a percentage of my holdings.
I'm not looking to get rich, just capture some value so I can move other projects forward.

Looking forward to being a positive member of the NamePros community!

-Selladom™
@Selladom

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
welcome selladom, you certainly peaked our curiosity with names regged back in 1995
Joe T

•••
welcome selladom, you certainly peaked our curiosity with names regged back in 1995
Joe T
(just double checked...1996) I'll satisfy your curiosity... Gardenview.com <rebooting> I designed some raised bed garden kits for organic gardening...a little ahead of the market at the time. Only sold a few of these kits, and then stored them in the attic for about 10 years and within a few weeks sold them all on Craigslist.

•••
•••
•••
Hey selladom!

Welcome friend!

•••
Hi @Selladom

WelcomeNPPuzzle.jpg

•••
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
•••
first domain in 1995, that should be presumably great for you, welcome to namepros, wish you the best :)

•••
•••
Hello Selladom .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

I handregged my first domain in 1999 .. if only we spent our time domaining instead of developing I think we'd all be rich right now! lol

Anyhow .. best of luck in your domaining activities moving forward! :)

•••
•••
(just double checked...1996) I'll satisfy your curiosity... Gardenview.com <rebooting> I designed some raised bed garden kits for organic gardening...a little ahead of the market at the time. Only sold a few of these kits, and then stored them in the attic for about 10 years and within a few weeks sold them all on Craigslist.
Were you promoting your garden kits? @Selladom

coollogo_com-86561954.gif

•••
Hello @Selladom !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

•••
Were you promoting your garden kits? @Selladom

Show attachment 67761
Story gets better, or worse... I spent $$ for a booth at a local trade show. Our booth was super busy... Box company missed their delivery date so I had no product to sell at the show, which I'm pretty sure I would have given the interest. I was young...counting on my salesmanship and the product was good to recoup what I had spent at that point. We also placed an ad on Organic Gardening magazine for 1 month and sold I think a dozen or so through that ad. I had to shelve the product and get back to my day job. I think total cost thru development / provisional patent app etc., was about 15k?

That being said, I think the product is still viable. I have a copy of our brochure kicking around somewhere...

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back