NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBAH

Established Member
Impact
Greetings!
I'm new to this forum, so i just wanted to say hello and to wish a lot of quick-n-easy money to all forum members B-)

i have several premium domains in my pocket, so my initial plans are to try to sell them here too.

that why i would like also to ask 1 question: what is the most preferable standart payment procedure (for domain sales) here? escrow, flippa/godaddy/sedo auction, webmoney protection code, may be some others i dunno about?

i would be grateful to any info that i could use in my future deals here

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi @BOBAH ! Welcome to NP :)

- Most people go with paypal. Beware the paypal chargeback scam going on. You may want to go through the thread Paypal Chargeback Scam to stay cautious and avoid such trades.
- If you trade with a local (one within your nation) then you can prefer a bank transfer.
- Bitcoin is coming to use at very slow pace.
- Escrow is the way to go for high-value transaction say $500+ be aware that you cannot mention buyer to pay fees as per NP rules.
- I once negotiated a trade through PM and the seller setup a BIN using flippa and I bought through it but flippa/godaddy/sedo type is not used in NP auction payment terms. I can't see how that would make sense as anyone aware of the auction could BIN on the 3rd party platform unless you set it up secretly at a specified time with intimation to buyer(auction winner) :p​

That is what I know about so far. Would love to hear any other means of payment used by other members.

•••
•••
Welcome to NamePros :)

As for your question: mostly PayPal. Escrow for higher end transactions, depending on your mood/comfort zone.

•••
Hi @BOBAH Welcome to NamePros. for payment you can use paypal for <$100 there is trade review system set here which can be helpful to deal with fellow domain traders. and for amount around $500 or more you shall use escrow or DN. Wish you the best with your sale. Cheers.:)

Last edited:
•••
Hey Bobah

Welcome to NP, hope u njoy ur stay and all the best with ur domaining adventures

•••
•••
thank you everyone for every advice, i checked the paypal scam post, it is too bad really, i have an old paypal account with unlimited withdraw option (>10000$ in commercial transactions) that's why it will be a real disaster for me such a "present" as a dispute :'(

•••
•••
•••
•••
...Would love to hear any other means of payment used by other members...

i have no clues regarding paypal, but i could help dealing with chargeback-scammers from moneybookers/webmoney payment systems, if somebody is in trouble

•••
Hello welcome to namepros.com :)

•••
i have no clues regarding paypal, but i could help dealing with chargeback-scammers from moneybookers/webmoney payment systems, if somebody is in trouble

How?

•••
regarding moneybookers - i have the right friends inside ;)
regarding webmoney - this payment system has a strict membership structure, and i have the highest possible account there (so-called "registrar account"), it gives me the right to un-ban "frozen" good guys' accounts, block any bad guy's account (theoretically) as an example, i used this feature once with a paypal scammer, when paypal took from me 1000$ and started to send me non-human dispute letters, i just blocked the scammer's wm-account, started a very quick wm-dispute and took all his money ;)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Hello BOBAH, Welcome 2 Namepros!!!

•••
Hello @BOBAH !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back