IT.COM

Hello There

NameSilo
Watch

BGH150

Established Member
Impact
I’ve been shadow watching this group and certain threads for awhile as I debated going into the domain business for myself.

I’m not really sure how to explain how I got here. Unlike most others on this site, my first experiences with domains had little to do with profit.

I’ve had some sort of online presence for quite awhile and in that time through various support groups I have helped countless bloggers/ mom-pop businesses find unregistered domains that fit THEM. In that time I learned to look for keyword competition, potential TM issues (why crockpot hasn’t been voided based on generic use is beyond me), what type of URL’s tend to stand out and inspire trust (and in some cases curiosity).

I always kept three handwritten lists: one for domains I have shared with people in groups, one for other domain ideas, and one for my unshared personal favorites (Kind of a dream if I ever had enough time and money these are the sites I would develop list. )

A few months back I pulled out the shared list for some project inspiration and using name.com’s bulk checker filtering for .com only I realized every SINGLE domain had been purchased. We aren’t talking about 5-10, we are talking about a list of over 800.

I dug some more and discovered many had been registered and flipped for at least a few hundred dollars. The largest transaction was for over 2k. Some others are held and others are still for sale.

This led to me researching more and finding Namepros and the world of domain flipping.

To clarify I’m not mad or bitter about the potential lost income . A few flippers saw value in the domains I posted and wisely invested ( in other cases they very unwisely invested in truly mediocre names from my list).

Honestly I’m kind of grateful for the moment because I’m not sure if I ever would have known this market was a thing otherwise.

Now that my life story is out of the way, I will admit my biggest struggle at present is switching from a blog/ small business domain mindset to one with potential high-paying end users.

I’m fighting the urge to register every domain in my lists until I can see how this all plays out over the next few months. Currently due to one domain with an end user back up offer, I at least have covered my initial registrations so no losses as of yet and everything else would just be gravy.

I have a ton of questions, so much to learn and truly appreciate that this forum is here!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
Welcome to nP! Good to see you here..

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Welcome to NamePros and Best of Luck

•••
hjjdh.jpg

•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello @BGH150 .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

One of the best ways to learn when starting is essentially the equivalent of "paper trading" like the stock market. Try to predict what certain names will sell for at auction .. then also see if the ones you would have bought eventually sell at retail. That can be a very long process for some, particularly waiting to check for end user sales. But the knowledge you gained from your lists will really give you a jumpstart! Definitely keep tracking them!

Best of luck to you going forward in your domaining adventures! :)

•••
hello there,
welcome to namepros

•••
Hello @BGH150 !

Welcome to NamePros!! :)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back