IT.COM

Hello! I'm new. Nice to meet you!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

shellybee

Established Member
Impact
A few years ago, I bought some domain names. Life got in the way and I let them all expire. I decided to get back into the game and try again. I want to learn all I can about buying and selling domain names. Not only that, but I'm looking into the business of Affiliate Marketing and of course, domain names are important if I want to build good quality websites.

Thanks for having me! I can't wait to meet you all!

~Shelly

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
•••
Hello @shellybee .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

Many years before I started "domaining" I too had a few good domains (that I was keeping for potential development) expire on me. Really sucks looking back .. but over the last year and a half I've built back up a really nice domainer focused portfolio!

Some would warn you to stay away from development if you want to be serious about domaining .. but I'd take that warning with a grain of salt .. really depends on the specific domains and your specific skillsets.

Best of luck to you going forward! :)

•••
Hey @shellybee ,

Welcome to NamePros!

I wish you the best of luck for domaining!

•••
Welcome to Namepros!

ps. : A profile pic would be much appreciated.

•••
ʬʬʬELCOME @ nP

Feel free to follow me to stay informed about my domaining activityyy

All the top,

DOMAIN
ILLUMINATI
Owner of the most expensive domain of all time.

•••
of course there is the old standby of registering a domain and redirecting it to Ebay/Amazon/etc.
If you are talking about forwarding the domain directly to amazon and/or ebay then don't they prohibit this with their programs?

•••
If you are talking about forwarding the domain directly to amazon and/or ebay then don't they prohibit this with their programs?
Unless things changed (new policies updates) No..
I forward a few of my domains to the affiliate link provided by them.

•••
•••
Unless things changed (new policies updates) No..
I forward a few of my domains to the affiliate link provided by them.
Interesting, I remember when I joined their Associates Program to do some affiliate marketing I saw this being mentioned which is why I bring it up. It was amongst the section in the agreement where they talk about pay-per-click and using their trademarks and such.

In fact just been on their site and found this.

Can I redirect to Amazon.com?

No. Per the Operating Agreement, we do not allow Associates to automatically redirect visitors to Amazon.com or to cause the Amazon.com site to automatically open either within a frame or in a new browser window.

•••
Interesting, I remember when I joined their Associates Program to do some affiliate marketing I saw this being mentioned which is why I bring it up. It was amongst the section in the agreement where they talk about pay-per-click and using their trademarks and such.

In fact just been on their site and found this.

Can I redirect to Amazon.com?

No. Per the Operating Agreement, we do not allow Associates to automatically redirect visitors to Amazon.com or to cause the Amazon.com site to automatically open either within a frame or in a new browser window.
No pay-per-click, frames ,forced downloads for me!

Of course, if they enforce "automatically redirect visitors" on me...it is my account at risk..I redirect to the affiliate link they provide.

Thanks for pointing that part out..

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hey shellybee,

Welcome to NamePros!

I wish you the best of luck domaining!

And by the way, something really cute about your username.

Take care
awww..thanks! My nickname as a child. ;)

•••
Hello @shellybee .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

Many years before I started "domaining" I too had a few good domains (that I was keeping for potential development) expire on me. Really sucks looking back .. but over the last year and a half I've built back up a really nice domainer focused portfolio!

Some would warn you to stay away from development if you want to be serious about domaining .. but I'd take that warning with a grain of salt .. really depends on the specific domains and your specific skillsets.

Best of luck to you going forward! :)
Thank you, Ategy, for the advice! I will make a note of it.

•••
•••
No parking is different than redirecting/forwarding..
more info here
Note most registrars(the ones that I deal with for sure) let you forward domains!
Briguy, I will look into it. Thanks!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
welcome to namepros and Best of luck

•••
Hi I am also new here, welcome to namepros

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back