Dynadot

discuss Having 100% SH/BB domains in portfolio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Brandista

Account Closed (Disallowed)
Impact
Hi,

What is your opinion about having 100% SH/BB domains in portfolio? For example if we focus on collecting/buying only SquadHelp published names، not any other domains, can this be a profitable investment?
If not, why?
If yes, then:
How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 50 domains?
How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 100 domains?
How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 200 domains?
How many domains can we sale per year if our portfolio size is 500 domains?

Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You have some very steep competition with each place having well over 100 K names and choices. You aren’t guaranteed even one sale per year on those platforms or off.

With that being said, most have a 1(lower)to 5 (higher) percent portfolio sales a year wherever they are listed.

So in answer to your question the law of averages on the low end you would need 100 domains to sell one per year at end user pricing.

•••
You have some very steep competition with each place having well over 100 K names and choices. You aren’t guaranteed even one sale per year on those platforms or off.

With that being said, most have a 1(lower)to 5 (higher) percent portfolio sales a year wherever they are listed.

So in answer to your question the law of averages on the low end you would need 100 domains to sell one per year at end user pricing.
If I sell one of the 100 domains per year, the average sale price would be $1400 (after deducting commissions, etc.) so I will lose, because it takes a lot of money to buy 100 domains, and then $1000 for renewal.

•••
•••
•••
But why would you limit yourself like this? BB and Premium SH will take only some of your brandable names. There are a bunch of names that they won't need simply because it doesn't fit their picture, but not because the names are bad...
This idea is not a good one, imo. It's like saying, ''from now on I will only be eating pineapple, nothing else''...

•••
But why would you limit yourself like this? BB and Premium SH will take only some of your brandable names. There are a bunch of names that they won't need simply because it doesn't fit their picture, but not because the names are bad...
This idea is not a good one, imo. It's like saying, ''from now on I will only be eating pineapple, nothing else''...
Just experiment. I will purchase SH and BB domains from the resellers. I want to stick with brandable marketplaces because they don't published TM domains, that are neither religiously nor legally valid (TMs)

•••
Now please share your experiences and opinions about SH and BB.

•••
Just experiment. I will purchase SH and BB domains from the resellers. I want to stick with brandable marketplaces because they don't published TM domains, that are neither religiously nor legally valid (TMs)

That is not correct. Both SH and BB simply don't care if the names they publish are trademarked or not. They highlight it in their statements that all the research about TM should be made by the buyer, and it's his (buyer's) responsibility only.
TM many times is a grey zone. You might have the brandable name, and then something very similar (one letter different) is trademarked, and the company who holds that name might file the complaint. No platform will take responsibility for this, so, they basically say ''it's between seller and buyer''.

•••
The .com domains listed on SH and BB are usually taken in only one extension (.com), so there is usually no TM risk.

•••
The .com domains listed on SH and BB are usually taken in only one extension (.com), so there is usually no TM risk.

Not the case again. Check a couple of my names in SquadHelp Premium: Ryvk.com and Marlingo.com, taken in 3 and 2 extensions, and the other TLDs are not mine. On top, TM has nothing to do with other extensions taken or not-taken, that's completely irrelevant.

The vesy basic step for a trademark check is here:
https://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/search

•••
Yes, agree. TM has nothing to do with other extensions taken or not-taken.

Last edited:
•••
Let's get to the main point. The real discussion is what is the ratio between SH portfolio size and sales?

50 domains: how many domains can be sold per year?
100 domains: how many domains can be sold per year?
200 domains: how many domains can be sold per year?
500 domains: how many domains can be sold per year?
1000 domains: how many domains can be sold per year?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back