discuss Have you sold any domain here?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

BrandCollectors.com

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
.namepros.com/forums/domain-buyer-requests.10/
???
is it just waste our time? what do you think?!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unless you are just trying to get rid of it you will do better elsewhere. I have sold some here but its hardly worth the effort as many post a huge fake budget and buy nothing or want to pay XX. I am sure the buyers are more earnest when presented with top tier names and that there are people willing to pay for a good name but that seems to be the exception not the rule.

I know of one five figure sale that happened here in the time I have been here. I am sure there are some good private sales on occasion.

•••
i sold alot of names through request..
majority i sold in range of mid-high xxx
few in low xxxx
it depends what you are offering to buyer..
if you will offer them toruuarydtts.xyz
they will not buy for sure

•••
I have bought a couple of names that way. But honestly not as successful as I would like. Just as some buyers there have unreasonable expectations, so do some sellers. I've gotten some good laughs at what I get sent in response to an ad there. Such ad hey I just hand reg this 3 domain with 3 random words that makes no sense but one of the words matches what you are looking for I'll take $500 for it...honestly I think as a seller it would be much easier to shift out the fluff.

•••
if you will offer them toruuarydtts.xyz
they will not buy for sure
i do not have such names. i am a .com.org investor. have only two newgs and will drop them.

•••
i think this section has bad pricing impact on end users.
namepros.com/forums/domain-buyer-requests.10/

end user with xx,xxx budget thinks why i should pay xx,xxx if ppl buy and sell great domains for $xx?

•••

end user with xx,xxx budget thinks why i should pay xx,xxx if ppl buy and sell great domains for $xx?
endusers dont go that much deep.
if they want name they will buy

•••

No two names are the same. The end user knows what name he wants and doesn't care that OtherzzzNames.co cost 100 times less.

•••
Never had any sales in the mentioned section.
In 99% of cases those "buyers" even don't reply.

•••
Never had any sales in the mentioned section.
In 99% of cases those "buyers" even don't reply.

Same here. I've sent a fair number of offers and only when they are a good match ... but no luck so far.

•••
I have had a number in the past year, although never for more than low $$$. True, I have responded to many more than I have sold (maybe 20 queries for every one sale, possibly even less often than that).

I actually find that the response rate better than some indicate - I would say 40% of time I get some response, although normally just a thanks but not what I am looking for.

I went a long while at first with no sales from Request responses and almost gave up, but glad I did not. To me I find sending a few lines not much work for a possible sale.

I think that it is important to be reasonable on wholesale pricing. What you are getting is a sure sale vs waiting many years for a possible future sale at a retail price. If I would retail price a name at $1000, after commission giving me say $850, then I feel the wholesale price for a sure sale to a domainer who will try to resell it needs to be something like 1/10 of that, $85. It may not seem much, but it does pay renewals.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
If I don't replay to this thread means I'm not interested.

•••
And I'm not interested to waste my time.

•••
@Bob Hawkes
For low $xxx - you can sell absolutely passively...
Park and set BINs on Uniregistry landers - and forget about those domains...

Last edited:
•••
@Bob Hawkes
For low $xxx - you can sell absolutely passively...
Park and set BINs on Uniregistry landers - and forget about those domains...
This is perhaps getting off topic somewhat, but my answer would be yes, at about a 3.6% sell through rate (as of today 1.36 million .com listed for $250 or less, over last year 49,517 NameBio listed sales of $250 or less, clearly there are more than that by some degree). I prefer to have a sure sale at 1/10 of price, on some of my domain names - clearly I don't offer all names in requests :xf.wink:, to 4% per year chance of a name selling with me carrying costs each year.

It is just how I view it with my own portfolio. I am not saying anyone else should do it, just explaining my reasoning. About 30% of my portfolio I plan to only sell retail. Those I don't put in requests unless the person is offering what I view as retail pricing. I have not yet been successful selling at $$$$ level to requests.

But many more, if I get a sure offer from another domainer at about 1/10 what I think it will likely sell for, the odds seem right to me. If I was not late 60's I might think differently, but I like to not wait years for sales -_-

Just my thinking. I agree other viewpoints are totally supportable. I like to think different. The ones I sold in requests are at prices that I feel are more than, or equal to, what I would get in an auction here, and it seems to me that requests are in some ways more efficient. A couple were names I had more or less decided not to renew, so getting some dollars I viewed as a bonus.

I also, to some degree, like the idea of selling a name to another domainer who really wants that name and will use or promote it far better than I would. All of my transactions have been smooth. Just saying Requests work for me, but others will have different viewpoints, and that is 100% fine.

Bob

•••
I don't even look on those requests with $xx or low $xxx budget...
My experience in this section is with requests no less than mid $xxx... and they were not from domainers definitely.

•••
p.s. Another domainers never ignore me... or almost never.

•••
.namepros.com/forums/domain-buyer-requests.10/
???
is it just waste our time? what do you think?!
Yes, I sold few domains here. And I purchased half of my portfolio here during the years :)

•••
I sold a few names here but I have bought a lot of names by placing a buy request. I have told many times here in NamePros columns that most of the buy requests are fake, time wasters and with no courtesy to even acknowledge our submission of names.

•••
my last sale from that section, was on this date in 2018

imo...

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back