Dynadot

Have You Had an Epik Experience Yet ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
I am starting to hear more and more about epik/com , has anyone here jumped in and had a 'epik experience' ? and if so ....your thoughts please

:talk:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Never heard of it, what exactly is it?

•••
Last edited:
•••
Working on something with them, will have a few sites go up mid-september. Also, they seem to be having their first annual seminar or show in Seattle in September, if anyone is in the region, I think that would be one to attend.

•••
Working on something with them, will have a few sites go up mid-september. Also, they seem to be having their first annual seminar or show in Seattle in September, if anyone is in the region, I think that would be one to attend.

thanks for answer

i am wondering are you doing the hosting

are you paying them to establish the sites ?

are you going to use your adsense ?

they seem just a bit vague in their faq's

love to know thanks

•••
I'll show you on September 13th. ;)

•••
I'll show you on September 13th. ;)

any chance of sending me a pm with the answers to the questions ?

i am trying to avoid any confusion

thanks

Last edited:
•••
I put cardamom.info into their system in May. They generated the site. It has had two visits, 8 page views and earned $0.30 during that time.

I have not pointed any links to it or done anything to promote it.

My developed sites do better :)

•••
I put cardamom.info into their system in May. They generated the site. It has had two visits, 8 page views and earned $0.30 during that time.

I have not pointed any links to it or done anything to promote it.

My developed sites do better :)

did they charge to set it up , i think i read $250 ? and split revenue

when i look at their sites for sale i wonder if they are quoting split revenue ?

i had a quick look at cardamom.info , it seems you are doing their blog

i am looking more at the product side of things

so i am still hoping someone will inform me about that

are they hosting may i ask

•••
They said it was a premium name and set it up. All I have ever done is point the DNS where they told me. No charges and they are hosting. I don't know what you mean by "doing their blog".

•••
I set up a product site with Epik last year when they were first launching. It has made a bit, and last month reached $360 in income for the month, which I split 50/50. I have added another 5-6 sites, but it's too soon to see where they will come out. So far I am happy, and have made a profit.

Rob Monster is extremely good about responding to emails, and the reporting is getting better. I think the Epik concept is to build a "Wikipedia" network of independent product sites with exact domains.

All you have to do is change the DNS. For other questions, you're better off sending an email to get an answer from the source. Rob seems like an exceptionally solid guy, and I would recommend trying it out.

•••
I would also say that so far, the two over there that I have spoken with have been very responsive, they answer their emails and seem quite professional.

•••
•••
Sorry to bump an oldish thread, but this is worth mentioning. You can go to almost any Epik site, and just add "/stats" to the end of the URL. That will show the total (before sharing) income for the past month for that site.

It's so transparent, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it. On the other hand, I get to see how all the other sites are doing. The numbers are accurate, at least judging from my sites.

•••
Uhh, I'm not sure I like that aspect, either.

•••
yes something to keep quiet ...........or fix

•••
Sorry to bump an oldish thread, but this is worth mentioning. You can go to almost any Epik site, and just add "/stats" to the end of the URL. That will show the total (before sharing) income for the past month for that site.

It's so transparent, I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it. On the other hand, I get to see how all the other sites are doing. The numbers are accurate, at least judging from my sites.

i tried bra.net/stats and it seems they have fixed the problem

•••
I went to a bunch of the sites last night and looked at their stats. Some good, some not so much - but without knowing how long the domain has been used by them, I figured I would assume they have not developed traffic for thos domains just yet.

Just looked at bra.net's stats, it is still available, and actually looked like decent stats.

•••
I went to a bunch of the sites last night and looked at their stats. Some good, some not so much - but without knowing how long the domain has been used by them, I figured I would assume they have not developed traffic for thos domains just yet.

Just looked at bra.net's stats, it is still available, and actually looked like decent stats.

yes alhough then you have to split the income but compared to parking AFTER you get income back for investment seems cool , i did inquire about adsense only to be told that is being phased out , the quote was when did you last see adsense on a merchant site ? ..... answer about a minute ago when i went to bra.net , so i will keep an eye on that i think

Otherwise i am still keen to try a few

•••
It all seems to be a solid operation, they approved two of my TLDs but the information is scarce and no case studies to analyze and compare what you really gain by ordering their services and sharing your revenue with them. In comparison sites like those can be developed in a few days and with quality domains ranked high really easy - after that it's a few hours a month updating, maintenance and promotion. Hope they do something about it, until then I'll stick to my development strategies. In my opinion the greatest value is in their network - premium linking from related sites at no additional cost, this is especially interesting for tier 2 and below domains and in some niches more than others. If any of you guys have some hands on experience please share it here.

Thanks

Stan

•••
Stan, this is one point that I think has been most overlooked. As opposed to having a lone site out there where you have to do all the SEO and backlinks yourself, Epik is building up this nice network where you instantly get plugged in.

I also assume they get better affiliate payouts that most of us would get on our own.

In my opinion the greatest value is in their network - premium linking from related sites at no additional cost, this is especially interesting for tier 2 and below domains and in some niches more than others.

•••
They just brought up one of mine online, cottonthread.com , looks pretty good to me, sans a couple of unrelated products. I've had that domain for a year and have not had time to develop it adequately...

•••
I've got 4 sites with them and planning to do more. Those domains earned nothing parked, now they're generating about $30 a month (my share).

I paid $1,000 to have those sites developed. $30/month equals a $360 return per year on that $1,000 investment (36%). That's better than my 401k has been doing lately, how about yours? Better yet, I have very little time invested in the process.

I realize that $360 a year is not a life changing amount of money but what if you have $5k, $10k, or even $50k sitting on the sidelines or in a flat line mutual fund? What's that money doing for you right now?

The link building is a big plus but don't discount the liquidity that Epik is bringing to the marketplace. There are a growing number of domainers using the Epik system and Epik is building a platform for these sites to be bought and traded. If they are successful in doing so than the $250 entrance fee per site becomes much less of an obstacle due to the liquidity and ability to cash out.

Could I have built my own sites and achieved similar or better results? Probably. Do I have time to do that? Hell no.

Last edited:
•••
nm

Last edited:
•••
I've got 4 sites with them and planning to do more. Those domains earned nothing parked, now they're generating about $30 a month (my share).

I paid $1,000 to have those sites developed. $30/month equals a $360 return per year on that $1,000 investment (36%). That's better than my 401k has been doing lately, how about yours? Better yet, I have very little time invested in the process.

I realize that $360 a year is not a life changing amount of money but what if you have $5k, $10k, or even $50k sitting on the sidelines or in a flat line mutual fund? What's that money doing for you right now?

The link building is a big plus but don't discount the liquidity that Epik is bringing to the marketplace. There are a growing number of domainers using the Epik system and Epik is building a platform for these sites to be bought and traded. If they are successful in doing so than the $250 entrance fee per site becomes much less of an obstacle due to the liquidity and ability to cash out.

Could I have built my own sites and achieved similar or better results? Probably. Do I have time to do that? Hell no.

Nice, if you break that in hours you need to invest it adds up to a really low rate. Probably lower than hiring someone for four projects, linking and yearly maintenance anyway.

Since you have experience with them can you share what quality/traffic/profit assurance do you get when you sign up and what exit options are in play if you decide that you or someone else can do it better, want to sell the domain etc.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back