IT.COM

Has your information been compromised?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I've ventured to the darkest parts of the Internet to bring forth news of the latest internet attacks. If you have an account on any of these sites, consider the impact on your security and act accordingly.

Code:
2014-02-04	tovary2.ru
2014-02-04	texas.gov
2014-02-04	ukmc.edu
2014-02-02	fbiaa.org, fbiacademy.edu
2014-02-01	toysrus.com.sa
2014-01-19	assembla.com
2013-12-17	zelt.pl

There is always the possibility that some of this information is inaccurate, but enough details are available to warrant updating passwords, at the very least. As of writing, no payment details were publicly available, but private sales could occur if such information was obtained.

There is some speculation as to whether mediafire.com was compromised on or shortly prior to 2014-02-01, but evidence is currently insufficient. It may be worth changing passwords just to be on the safe side.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd like to add that there have also been recent reports of fraudulent activity happening with people that ordered from Amazon.com over the past month or two. The charges are from websites such as "cwebsc.com". It's only for a charge of $9.84 but if you have that charge, they have your correct account number and you should cancel your card. I just had to do this unfortunately. Check here for more info:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...FGOONPZEXIP&cdPage=8&cdThread=Tx2EME4IL59BUP4

Sorry to hijack your thread. :)

•••
I'd like to add that there have also been recent reports of fraudulent activity happening with people that ordered from Amazon.com over the past month or two. The charges are from websites such as "cwebsc.com". It's only for a charge of $9.84 but if you have that charge, they have your correct account number and you should cancel your card. I just had to do this unfortunately. Check here for more info:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/custo...FGOONPZEXIP&cdPage=8&cdThread=Tx2EME4IL59BUP4

Sorry to hijack your thread. :)

That's what it's here for. :)

I haven't heard anything about Amazon recently in the "underground", but I tend to only get news about events that are intentionally publicized within certain communities. Typically what happens is a team will publicize usernames, password hashes, and similarly identifying data, but keep the payment details to themselves. They'll then sell the payment information privately. As an onlooker, I can observe attempts to sell such information, but I can't confirm where the information came from, or whose details are being sold. Unless the team also leaks some significant information publicly, I won't know which site was compromised.

I find it unlikely that Amazon would be compromised without red flags going off in various corners of the internet. It's more likely that the culprits are using keyloggers or impersonating Amazon after receiving your information from a different source. Ensure that your computer is secure: often keyloggers won't slow down your computer or cause your machine to exhibit any other unusual behavior. Also, it's worth noting that the people who steal the information are rarely the ones to use it.

•••
Is it me or is it getting to the point that on the internet you can’t do anything anymore without the threat of being hacked or compromised. I just read an article a couple of days ago about how Yahoo mail users were just targeted and usernames were exposed to cyber-attackers.

You have to be careful with emails, you have to be careful logging into your bank account and you have to be careful using your debit cards at retail stores. A couple of weeks ago Sony's Servers for gaming got attacked as well and hindered my gaming experience. Now according to this thread it seems even texas.gov is having issues with being compromised. Who really is safe?

What's next............Skynet!

•••
In many ways, we're more secure than ever. However, our awareness of these threats is on the rise. It wasn't all that long ago that the average person thought the only digital threats were viruses and worms.

•••
I find it unlikely that Amazon would be compromised without red flags going off in various corners of the internet. It's more likely that the culprits are using keyloggers or impersonating Amazon after receiving your information from a different source. Ensure that your computer is secure: often keyloggers won't slow down your computer or cause your machine to exhibit any other unusual behavior. Also, it's worth noting that the people who steal the information are rarely the ones to use it.

I'm wondering if it's because I bought things off sellers that weren't actually part of Amazon themselves. I think for now on, I will check feedback carefully and might even just not buy things from anyone on their seller list at all.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back