NameSilo

domain HappyXD.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bob Hawkes

Top Member
NameTalent.com
Impact
I welcome advice regarding a domain name I recently hand registered (it apparently was owned previously and let drop). I don't yet have it listed for sale and have not decided on a price range. I find the simple word happy with two easily remembered letters XD which are urban abbreviation for big laugh or smile.

I will briefly outline some considerations I have had:
(a) I think that positive psychology is a growth field and see it as somehow fitting in that. For example, the "happiness" course at Yale is the most popular course in the university's history, with more than 1/4 of every Yale student enrolled. Also, The Happiness Advantage book and talks has shown the value of helping achieve happiness, to make us more productive and creative.
(b) There have been a lot of "happy" sales in last few years. For example Namebio have 78 sales in 2017 and 2018 that include the word "happy". I was floored that HappyMath.com went from less than $600 in 2017 to $35,000 recently.
(c) I did look at a few automated estimates before my purchase, although my decision to register was based more on my interest in the area and personal evaluation of the name. GoValue estimate at $1032, Estibot at $0 (based on the fact that it was still available in all extensions and the XD meant that how they interpreted did not work in search) and FreeValuator $2220.

I welcome your thoughts and guidance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The name fails the radio test.
HappyxD is hard to remember, doing sound awesome, fantastic or even memorable.

Considering all the points you have mentioned above and google search, namebio, my experience and possible end users, I would say $0 for this one.

•••
The name fails the radio test.
HappyxD is hard to remember, doing sound awesome, fantastic or even memorable.

Considering all the points you have mentioned above and google search, namebio, my experience and possible end users, I would say $0 for this one.

Thank you very much for your input. The only thing I would add is re radio test - in my mind it would be spoken as Happy XD (as letters) and as such is (perhaps arguably) speakable.

The domain name seriesXD.tv sold for $501 in December 2017, and goXD.com for $216 the year before, so I guess, humbled by your opinion a bit, but still hope I can get maybe very low $$$ for it. Thanks again for taking the time to thoughtfully respond, @Arpit131 .

Anyone else want to add to discussion?

•••
Anyone else want to add to discussion?

Not in a most profound way but for sure this one instantly made me happy, thx! :xf.wink:
A big issue you may have with this name is that uppercase really matters here as xd kinda kills the magic and looks like quite the opposite when standing alone. Still I do like a lot what you did there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back