Dynadot

Happy World Photography Day! (Any photogs out there?)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Mister Funsky

Top Member
Impact
In my mid morning check of news from around the world I spotted the article below.

Many years ago I had a photographer not show for a product shoot my marketing/advertising business was beginning a campaign for. The father of my future ex wife had given me an old 35mm camera from the 60's and I had someone go out and get a handful of film (kodak of course). I had no idea what I was doing but took dozens of photos and after the film was developed, I had several usable pics for the project.

That is what gave me the bug...since then I've shot hundreds of thousands of pics, some for other projects, my favorite was for my lingerie biz (those were the days!) but most photos were taken for fun.

Anyone else have any stories about pic taking adventures? Share a pic or two...I will be adding some soon.

Happy World Photography Day!

What's the best thing to do when you come face-to-face with a giant manta ray? Take a photo of course, and then share your creation with the rest of the world, especially on World Photography Day, celebrated each August 19. As this photographer can attest, a lot of work goes into taking a great photo. There's more to it than having mastery of your equipment and a willingness to go on the hunt for the perfect shot. You also must be ready for a magic moment like this one, so when that amazing shot does present itself, you're ready to capture it.

And if you need even more inspiration to dust off the old camera, today could be considered the anniversary of photography. On August 19, 1839, the French government purchased the patent for the recently invented daguerreotype photographic process, named after French inventor Louis Daguerre, and offered the invention and instructions as a gift 'free to the world.' We'll say thanks by snapping a few cool images with whatever camera we have handy.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=world+photography+day&form=hpcapt&filters=HpDate:"20210819_0700"

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back