IT.COM
NameSilo
Watch

prague7

NameTopic.comEstablished Member
Impact
Ooer - this one's going to run for a while... :O

From DomainNameNews:
SnapNames User Name “Halvarez” Was Nelson Brady, VP of Engineering Bidding on Domain Names [Updated]
[Updated] According to a statement from Oversee.net’s SnapNames, an employee was found to have bid in 5% of their auctions since 2005 and in some cases arranged for a partial refund of the sales price after winning an auction. DNN also confirmed the bidder as Nelson Brady, the VP of Engineering. He was bidding under the username “halvarez”.

From Snapnames:
SnapNames User Name “Halvarez” Was Employee Bidding on Domain Names
To avoid any question about whether the company benefited from this conduct, SnapNames will offer a rebate to impacted customers, including 5.22% interest (the highest applicable federal rate during the affected time period), of the difference between the prices they paid in winning auctions, and the prices they would have paid had the employee not bid in the auctions. Impacted customers will be notified by SnapNames or its representative with instructions for the offer of a rebate.

SnapNames also has taken further action to ensure its policies regarding auctions are followed, and the company remains committed to taking whatever action is necessary to protect the integrity of its auction platform.

SnapNames deeply regrets this situation and is committed to addressing its customers’ needs quickly and fairly.

There's also a FAQ page at Snapnames

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
what is the conclusion on this story? Are we going to receive any money?

Most auction participants that filed the necessary paperwork received theirs between November 2009 and January 2010 - where were you?

•••
what is the conclusion on this story? Are we going to receive any money?

Funny you should say that. I received a final call type email from SnapNames about 1 week ago. I've never responded to SnapNames, ever, over this scandal. They claim they'll send me $xx if I return fax their agreement. I've been too busy. But this has reminded me to look out the fax and send it. Looks legit. Deadline is today (I think) or at least in the next few days (at most).

•••
They might be looking for another bruiser aside the halavrezgate and the almostprivate-whois hoopla...
Oversee picking most of my drops...
I am with moniker so they can test the domains for traffic after expiring ...remember if they own it they get to keep the entire pie given by Google Dei.
In addition they are on the drops...
Oversee/Moniker/Snapnames big conflict of interest from where I am sitting on.

Parking company /parker / Drop catcher / Drop player / registrar /regsitrant / Auctioneer
who's on fist?

Last edited:
•••
I have never received any paper.

Most auction participants that filed the necessary paperwork received theirs between November 2009 and January 2010 - where were you?

•••
Woah, talk about a trip down memory lane... Does anyone know what happened to Nelson Brady after everything died down? I have occasionally done an internet search for him (just curious) but nothing comes up much beyond about 2010.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back