Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Had an idea

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

TWM

Web Marketing SpecialistEstablished Member
Impact
9
I think it would be a good idea for the index page to refresh every 10 minutes or so... automatically. This could help the people who leave it on the screen if they are waiting for a PM... if it refreshed, the little box will pop up nitifying them they have a pm, also they can see updated threads every time they bring up the window...

Just a suggestion, any comments?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
I really like your idea. Very useful for NP addicts...

David.
 
0
•••
This is interesting, but look at it this way.

Imagine 100 people just have it on their screen and are away from their computers. All of these refreshing every 10 minutes and using up bandwidth. This will take up alot, over the month.

Also, when a page refreshes in IE, it also maximizes itself. So every 10 minutes you have to minimize NP again - might get frustrating!

I have NP open all day when I am online, and refresh when I feel it appropriate - if this feature were implemented I would have to keep NamePros closed as not to annoy me!

Just my opinion. :)
 
0
•••
Use a hidden frame to refersh?
 
0
•••
Perhaps a User CP option?

Regarding the amount of bandwidth that would be used. Very little. Anyhow, as -RJ- has already said, NP uses 50gb bandwidth (ish) per month, and the server has 1700gb bandwidth per month!
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back