IT.COM

Hacked and Spy'ed

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Peter Burgess

Established Member
Impact
Is there any way at all to know whether you (your laptop, wifi, phone, etc) have been hacked or constantly spy'ed?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there any way at all to know whether you (your laptop, wifi, phone, etc) have been hacked or constantly spy'ed?

We have a guy in the Political Thread that works for the NSA, he can help you out. He's a really nice guy, he removes any offending posts I might make.

•••
Detecting is a lot more difficult than avoiding.

To avoid:
  • For your laptop, use ESET with the firewall enabled.
  • For wireless, avoid unsecured networks.
  • Use HTTPS whenever available.
  • For your phone, don't jailbreak it and update the OS regularly.

Easiest way to detect is with a packet sniffer.

•••
It's easy :
first close all program running;
then open task manager ; find all file which unknown (not system typer or network); then terminate; if it's still running again in view minitus after terminate that posibility trojan/spy hacked.
Second, check the network, if you network/system working not notmal that psibility hight you got spyware.
third: keylogger , keylog usually running and make icon on below (right corner) at start menu bar.

Recommended treatment; is reinstall for pc or laptop and Factory reset for phone.
Not all antivirus/antimalware can heal them 100%

•••
If you don't want to reinstall, you can try malware and spyware detection programs like Hijack This or Malwarebytes.
Re spying: Be aware that your ISP probably "spies" on you. I know for a fact that Verizon scans email to and from their mail accounts. Found this out when I sent an email to a client asking if some domains I saw redirected to his site (not adult) were his and if so why. Verizon flagged it as spam and refused to send it.-_- Same thing when I tried to send as different types of attachments. If they're doing it, I'm sure others are too.

•••

I think you pretty much have to assume that if a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend of yours makes a slightly off base comment about terrorism or the political party in power in your respective country, your electronic devices have been or will be scanned in some manner with your online traffic documented and stored in a database for eternity, on the off chance that you might run for office within your lifetime - er, I mean on the off chance you commit a crime in your lifetime, and the party in power needs to control you - er, I mean the government needs to prove retroactively that you have a history of documented suspicious activity. I wouldn't be surprised to find they have a gps tracking history of where everyone who has a cell phone has visited on any given day over the last 5 years.

There is no privacy anymore, IMO, despite whatever steps anyone thinks they can take.

•••
There is this ... http://gawker.com/5905402/how-to-leak-to-gawker-without-hopefully-getting-caught
There was a better article I saw a few months ago - can't find it now, talked about avoiding GPS tracking (not only shut off cell phone, remove battery.), etc.

EFF.org has good information about online privacy.

You could use VPN,Tor and PGP on your messages - all helpful. ISP will have the endpoint data, shouldn't be able to pick up what's in between (at least not without some dedicated effort).

Last edited:
•••
MY friend,
You're thinking too much, in this world there also risk of the life. If you afraid of anything that will make you unhappy. As long as you good to people, you will not afraid to anything.
because: when someone give you problem, there also other who help you to solve.
-- what you need to do is, tell your problem.

•••
Detecting is a lot more difficult than avoiding.

To avoid:
  • For your laptop, use ESET with the firewall enabled.
  • For wireless, avoid unsecured networks.
  • Use HTTPS whenever available.
  • For your phone, don't jailbreak it and update the OS regularly.

Easiest way to detect is with a packet sniffer.
Why do you say don't jailbreak it?

•••
Why do you say don't jailbreak it?

It'll make updating the OS regularly more difficult.

In the case of an iPhone, it'll make your phone more susceptible to Spyware. The majority of Spyware cannot be installed unless your phone is jailbroken.

•••
Check your system with latest and updated antivirus and anti malware. You must detect most of the spy softwares running in your computer. Rest you can use small application CPORTS.EXE to check all outgoing and incoming connection to your computer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back