Dynadot

Guessing Game

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Really interesting

Above, in their latest e-newsletter, gave an insight into some of their research (it's nice someone's still bothered about domain parking).

From what I gather they'd looked at all the traffic going to parking services over the last 12 months and put together a percentage tally of where the traffic had been distributed on a per company basis.

The breakdown in their newsletter is as follows:

Service A: 27%
Service B: 21%
Service C: 16%
Service D: 16%
Service E: 9%
'all others:' 11%

Considering they deal with most of the 'main' providers, including PC, Rook, DS, Bodis, Sedo, Voodoo etc, some of them are clearly outperforming others, but no one's winning everything. As to who's who we can only guess!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'm actually currently trying to figure out where to park my new domains right now. Been reading a lot of posts on this forum, and from what I've read, I'm going to guess the highest performer is neither GoDaddy or Sedo... only because of the criticisms.
But I've heard good things about ParkingCrew. I may go with them. I just want to get my domains parked and monetized ASAP.

•••
If I had to chose just one company at the moment (for my domains) it would be ParkingCrew for various reasons including ctr, template rotation, keyword system, sale options and reports.

But when you see stats like this it makes you think you need to set up on somewhere like above, parklogic, efty etc

•••
If I had to chose just one company at the moment (for my domains) it would be ParkingCrew for various reasons including ctr, template rotation, keyword system, sale options and reports.

But when you see stats like this it makes you think you need to set up on somewhere like above, parklogic, efty etc

Is it free to park at ParkingCrew? I'm thinking about signing up right now. I don't know if it's standard for the service providers to charge a fee or just take commissions.... or both?

•••
OK, so I was looking at the registration page and they ask for monthly visitors and other information I don't have... because I just bought these domains. So I guess Parkingcrew is only for domains that actually have stats from being parked somewhere else?

•••
ParkingCrew's free to park, as are most of them. Can't quite recall what the entry criteria is it was like 3 years ago since I got an account. I don't think they're that concerned about the number of domains or traffic you have it's more they don't want 'bad' users, spammers etc. The support is also really responsive if you're having bother just contact them direct without the form thing...

•••
I actually just emailed them.

I also took a look at Bodis. That one looks pretty good too. And I hear a lot of praise for them. (y)

•••
Hi N.... yes that report from Above was interesting. From conversations with parking execs and my unskilled reading between the lines I would surmise the PCrew is winning the most and they are great to deal with. There seems to be a lot of anecdotal evidence out there about some Sedo accounts performing better than others for some fuzzy reason. Many claim there is no reason to have both DS and Rook fighting for traffic. I love the customer service at Voodoo but have not seen the results others claim and even that I have seen in the stats of domains purchased that were using Voodoo exclusively. Bodis is also very responsive but the results for me have lagged. It is pretty much agreed that it can be regressive to have too many parking accounts active at Above or ParkLogic. At Above you have direct control - at PL this is something to work out with your account manager. On fail listed domains we've been pleased with Skenzo. One thing you don't know for sure when trying to guess the order of Above's stats is if their own Maximizer is considered a separate parking co (guess I could ask) and it is always possible that InternetTraffic/DomainNameSales is down there near the bottom. I would PM TerriJ direct with my affiliate code link for setting up a new ParkingCrew parking account but since I'm plunging in late on this thread - I won't be rude. Good luck TerriJ and there are some other little nuances I'd be glad to share in a PM.

•••
Hi Jeff good to see you're still around & thanks for the advice as ever. I think above said the maximizer wasn't considered in these stats which would help narrow it down a bit.

I wish above would work with internettraffic (or rather vice versa) I used to have all my domains there for a while and I would guess they'd still be the best option for a number of them.

Skenzo's an interesting one. What's the min payout there? I haven't got an account with them I'd been using DomainAdvertising until recently for faillisted domains but it's an age waiting for $100 with like half a dozen blocked names, so now they kind of just disappear into the above mix and occasionally pick up a bit via maximizer.

Sedo yes I think fuzzy describes it well. There's a lot of not so great things written about them but then if you look at the graph that Micheal Gilmour (who has an extraordinary mind for parking analysis) posted recently in his parking portfolio articles (chapter 6 I think) it shows sedo top for traffic won when analysing what I guess was a large client's portfolio. So don't know what's going on there!

Oh and plunge away with the code...

Cheers

•••
Thanks for the kinds words - didn't want to refer to you by first name for privacy reasons...(not that I don't remember it N - - - - ) :xf.smile:
I have some domains that we bought that were with IT - still at IT although each month I say I'm close to consolidating - just too many parking cos to look at. At least you can get the stats thru Above but yeah it would be fab if they would fully integrate.

If Maximizer isn't in those numbers - that impacts the validity of their analysis unless they are crediting that revenue to the actual provider and that provider is one of the already listed %. For us they are around 10% - not insignificant. Don't know the min at Skenzo - we do few hundred mo/ there I can PM you the contact details if you wish - I think it is as usual with the faux hoops - by invite. Drawback with Skenzo as part of Above stats is Skenzo does not report clicks. So bit of a cluster.

Mr. Gilmour's analysis is beyond brilliant and I need to read it all twice to have a chance of it sinking in. And it supports what I have gotten from others that some Sedo accounts are "good" and others not so good. Why and how that could/should be is well cloaked in the lack of transparency that is part of parking.
Hello TerriJ - if you haven't signed up yet at ParkingCrew and you care to use the link below - that would be very nice of you.
https://www.parkingcrew.com/register.php?r=ac446ade649dbc77d3ea6e2c300d23d1d4ba811d
And either way TerriJ if you PM me I'll be glad to give you a few pointers on things to be aware of when reviewing your stats with Pcrew that may help you a tiny bit.
Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back