NameSilo

gTLD pitch for email

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

1domain

Established Member
Impact
Hello guys!

I want to request for your pitching ideas and your suggestions.

I have a gTLD name, the name is very generic its actually a business industry name. I am thinking of writing an email to 8-10 businesses that I think can be the potential buyers of my name. One of these businesses has the actual .com version of my name - for example my domain is 'Business.Industry' and they have 'BusinessIndustry.com'.

In my email I want to say something like -
  • The new gTLDs are the trend
  • How can a gTLD name help them stand out / look special.
  • For those who do not have the .com, this can be an opportunity for them to accrue their actual industry name.
  • Other benefits of accruing my domain name (Please don't forget, its the actual name of the industry they are serving)
FYI - I also have the .org version of this name (BusinessIndustry.org), I am thinking of giving this free with my gTLD.

Your kind inputs are requested.

kind regards

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you want a brutally honest opinion :xf.smile:
As a recipient of your mail I would treat it like spam. Why ? Because you are not offering a domain that is superior to what they are currently using. If I have BusinessIndustry.com it's enough, I don't need Business.Industry. It's not a domain 'upgrade'.
At the most it would be a defensive reg, but it will not add anything in terms of traffic or credibility imo.

I'm not a believer in new extensions personally, nonetheless it is conceivable that they some of them might take off at some point but it's much tooooooo early... also don't forget that time = money. You have to make your time worthwhile.

•••
As long as you make personalized emails, with specific infos for that specific recipient, be kind and polite, show them your point of view without actually "teaching" in an arrogant way, and provide them a way to be excluded for your future emails, it could help you to sell this domain.

However keep your expectations very low. Most of them will ask to their mind "business dot what??!" and consider your email as spam or scam. It's too early i suppose.

•••
Unsolicited email is seen as spam by most. If someone has the .com they are probably very happy with it. Try advertising in a publication aimed at the industry.

Good luck.

•••
Try advertising in a publication aimed at the industry.
I have done that in the past, with mixed success I have to say :xf.smile:
Advertising in high-profile magazines is not free.

I think the problem is always the same, the best scenario is when the end users need the domain and they come to you. It's always hard to sell stuff that people don't need.
Domain sales often depend on specific, time-sensitive circumstances.
They may not need the domain now but in a year for example when they have some project in mind.
Thus patience is needed in this industry.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back