Dynadot

Greeting from theshoe

NameSilo
Watch

theshoe

Impact
My name is Mike and I live on the north shore of Lake Erie (near Nanticoke On,Ca).

I consider my domain expertise level as Novice, although, I have been purchasing domains for about 7 years. I own 17 domains. Most of which are parked and I suspect most won't have much monatary value in a sale.

My short term goal is spending the following months learning how to appraise and sell off my domains.

My long term goals is learn the correct way to appraise and purchase domains. Eventually, I'd like to have a domain business to suppliment my retirement. An extra $1-2k per month would help.

The first domain I purchased was in the gun safe niche. I tried (unsuccessfully) to make it into a review site with
affiliate links. But I quickly found it is difficult to write intellegently about this topic when you don't own guns yourself. The niche is actually full of "rabid" fans and would be a good fit for someone that knows something about guns.

My first exposure that domain investing could be a business model was from a clickbank purchase. I can't
recall the program name, but there were weekly teaching webinars and domain buying and selling was part of some of them.

Finally, I'd like to extend my thanks to the admins for letting me on this forum. I'll be sure to use the "search" function before I post any noob questions that may have been asked/answered already. I'll be down in the beginner resources for now.

Thanks for reading my story and I'll see everyone in the forums.

Kind Regards,
theshoe

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
Hello Mike :) Welcome to Namepros!

•••
Hi Mike, nice to know you, Welcome to NP

•••
Welcome friend!

You're in a great place to learn more.

Best of luck domaining!

•••
•••
•••
The first domain I purchased was in the gun safe niche. I tried (unsuccessfully) to make it into a review site with
affiliate links. But I quickly found it is difficult to write intellegently about this topic when you don't own guns yourself.
If you have/had the budget, there are "content writer" that you can/could have hired..

Anyway..
Namepros_waving_bear_(Myway2fortune.info).png

•••
Hello @theshoe from a fellow Canadian! Welcome to NamePros! :)

Domaining and website development are like a left shoe and a right shoe .. they look the same from a far .. but when you get in close you realise they are quite different indeed and what works for one foot doesn't work for the other so to speak .. lol

Best of luck to you going forward! :)

•••
•••
•••
Super Welcome To nP...:xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
Ayy Mike Welcome to Namepros!!

•••
but there were weekly teaching webinars and domain buying and selling was part of some of them.

Welcome to Namepros! Enjoy, Just be careful about any of the touting on the wholesale side of this business, and domain TV video shows you find, they remind me of all the late night infomercials of flipping houses.

Domainnamewire.com has a weekly podcast which is straight on, btw.
Stick to reading about end user sales data too, a few domainers seem to pass around names amongst themselves.

Developing websites- you might start by linking that name on Dub.io and collect a bunch of RSS feeds to get ideas to learn about the subject matter, then go about the writing of articles. Enjoy!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello @theshoe !

Welcome aboard to NamePros! :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back