IT.COM

Green cubes under nickname.

NameSilo
Watch
i was wondering what represents thos green cubes under our nicknames? time, we spent here, amount of posts, reputation, or what?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its reputation points. They are calculated by The number of positive transactions you do here at Namepros, along with reputation points that are given to you by other members for good posts and insight. If someone with more reputation gives you reputation, you get more reputation than if someone with less reputation giving you rep.

Hope that makes sense, I know that last sentence if confusing

-Steve

•••
Just curious, how many rep points are needed for each cube/level?

•••
Good explanation.. it was the longest time before I knew what they were or how they accumulated myself (I thought you got them by eating all your vegetables ;) ).. we need more Rep levels tho! :D

stscac said:
Its reputation points. They are calculated by The number of positive transactions you do here at Namepros, along with reputation points that are given to you by other members for good posts and insight. If someone with more reputation gives you reputation, you get more reputation than if someone with less reputation giving you rep.

Hope that makes sense, I know that last sentence if confusing

-Steve

•••
i was asking this question, because last rep points i got several days ago. Why then thos cube added today, not several days ago? I did nothing today to get new cube. So this is kind of confusing. Just trying to understand point of formula. or may be cubes quantity=posts+ rep points+ trader rating?

•••
Actually, it "is" confusing, and I think RJ is the only one who knows or understands the Rep formula! :lol:

•••
gugush said:
i was asking this question, because last rep points i got several days ago. Why then thos cube added today, not several days ago? I did nothing today to get new cube. So this is kind of confusing. Just trying to understand point of formula. or may be cubes quantity=posts+ rep points+ trader rating?
People can add reputation to your any of your posts, regardless of age. You can see the last 5 received reputation and what post they are related to, but does not say who left the reputation. When I leave rep, I sign it "-Steve (stscac)" after my comments.
dgridley said:
Actually, it "is" confusing, and I think RJ is the only one who knows or understands the Rep formula! :lol:
Well, I'll give it my best shot and break it down.

E = (Sigma - sum of)
x = % of reputer's (one who gives reputation) reputation
y = reputer that gave
z = number of positive transactions
t = nuber of negative tranactions

Points = E(x*y) + (10(z) - 10(t))

Boxes = (Points/100) + (n)

n = 1 (if over 20 number of posts, n applies)

The only outstanding variable is the % of reputer's reputation that is received by reputee.

Maybe that confuses things a little more, but maybe it is helpful.
Also note that not all of your transactions will account for point since the reputation system for transaction was just activated somewhat recently.

Of course this is not 100% accurate, it is just my understanding from experience.

-Steve

Last edited:
•••
Argh!! Too much math makes my head hurt!

•••
•••
I always thought mine were in regards to how good looking I am. :blink:

dgridley said:
.. we need more Rep levels tho! :D
S u r e Dave...that coming from the guy who's reached the holy grail of rep points. :p

•••
Nothing left to live for! :( Lol, C'mon, add at least a couple more levels.. maybe a "Big Dave with Cheese" level? ;)

-db- said:
S u r e Dave...that coming from the guy who's reached the holy grail of rep points. :p

•••
I thought it was a VU meter and Measured how loud you were in chat

•••
dgridley said:
Nothing left to live for! :( Lol, C'mon, add at least a couple more levels.. maybe a "Big Dave with Cheese" level? ;)

I dunno you reach your peek...Some guys are just never satisfied :hehe:

•••
:lol:

Barefoottech said:
I thought it was a VU meter and Measured how loud you were in chat

•••
More info:

From RJ's post:

Quote:OK, I'll give this a shot.

1) When you click "add reputation", how much will it add? In 10's, or 20's or....?

Every user has "reputation power" to give reputation to others, this equals the number of points that is given when they leaves positive reputation on others.

Reputation power is determined by several factors including length of membership, number of posts, and their own reputation score. A new user with 10 posts would likely have reputation power of 1. The highest I've seen is 11. All staff members have a reputation power of 10.

2) Are there special meaning to the different colour of the green little bars? Some are darker colored, some are lighter.

None really, they just get lighter the more you have.

3) When you put your cursor over your green bars, it will give some descriptions. Can someone list all the descriptions with the required reputation points?

From lowest to highest are listed here.

User is infamous around these parts
User can only hope to improve
User has a little shameless behaviour in the past
User is an unknown quantity at this point
User is on a distinguished road
User will become famous soon enough
User has a spectacular aura about
User is a jewel in the rough
User is just really nice
User is a glorious beacon of light
User is a name known to all
User is a splendid one to behold
User has much to be proud of
User has a brilliant future
User has a reputation beyond repute

4) Is reputation related to the colour of the green bars? Will I be able to see what are all my bad reputation points?

Higher reputation scores have more green bars. If you see red bars, that user has a negative reputation. Anything green is positive.

5) If someone leave me an unjustified bad reputation, after investigations, will the mods change my reputation points or nothing can be done?

For the most part, we've left the negative reputation as is unless its obvious that the user was only leaving it to be mean or unfair. Often, if I or the other staff feel the post in question was not deserving of a negative reputation rating we'll leave a positive one to coutner it. Remember, staff ratings count for 10 points while most of the negative reputations that are unfairly given I've noticed are worth 1 or 2. So you may come out ahead anyway.

Some other notes,

Reputation ratings only count after that user has rated 19 other members. Meaning you can't rate the same person twice in a row, you'll have to rate 20 members. This cuts down on the effect of users who may have grudge against certain users or purposely intend to raise or lower reputation scores of others.

Don't take any single negative reputation rating personally. Other members can't see your negative reputation ratings and they really don't count as much as say Trader Ratings would. It's really more entertainment purposes, while the Trader Rating is your actual "reputation" on the site.

Hope this helps,

RJ

From another post putting #'s to it:

Quote:User is infamous around these parts (below -50)
User can only hope to improve (-50)
User has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-10)
User is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
User is on a distinguished road (10)
User will become famous soon enough (50)
User has a spectacular aura about (150)
User is a jewel in the rough (250)
User is just really nice (350)
User is a glorious beacon of light (450)
User is a name known to all (550)
User is a splendid one to behold (650)
User has much to be proud of (1000)
User has a brilliant future (1500)
User has a reputation beyond repute (2000)

(I think the above is spot-on)

A large thread (From one of -db-'s first posts.... awwww... memories! ;) ) that discusses this at length is http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=69317

-Allan

•••
Thanks for the detailed explanation! I wasn't aware of some points and that cleared it up...

IAmAllanShore said:
More info:

From RJ's post:

Quote:OK, I'll give this a shot.

1) When you click "add reputation", how much will it add? In 10's, or 20's or....?

Every user has "reputation power" to give reputation to others, this equals the number of points that is given when they leaves positive reputation on others.

Reputation power is determined by several factors including length of membership, number of posts, and their own reputation score. A new user with 10 posts would likely have reputation power of 1. The highest I've seen is 11. All staff members have a reputation power of 10.

2) Are there special meaning to the different colour of the green little bars? Some are darker colored, some are lighter.

None really, they just get lighter the more you have.

3) When you put your cursor over your green bars, it will give some descriptions. Can someone list all the descriptions with the required reputation points?

From lowest to highest are listed here.

User is infamous around these parts
User can only hope to improve
User has a little shameless behaviour in the past
User is an unknown quantity at this point
User is on a distinguished road
User will become famous soon enough
User has a spectacular aura about
User is a jewel in the rough
User is just really nice
User is a glorious beacon of light
User is a name known to all
User is a splendid one to behold
User has much to be proud of
User has a brilliant future
User has a reputation beyond repute

4) Is reputation related to the colour of the green bars? Will I be able to see what are all my bad reputation points?

Higher reputation scores have more green bars. If you see red bars, that user has a negative reputation. Anything green is positive.

5) If someone leave me an unjustified bad reputation, after investigations, will the mods change my reputation points or nothing can be done?

For the most part, we've left the negative reputation as is unless its obvious that the user was only leaving it to be mean or unfair. Often, if I or the other staff feel the post in question was not deserving of a negative reputation rating we'll leave a positive one to coutner it. Remember, staff ratings count for 10 points while most of the negative reputations that are unfairly given I've noticed are worth 1 or 2. So you may come out ahead anyway.

Some other notes,

Reputation ratings only count after that user has rated 19 other members. Meaning you can't rate the same person twice in a row, you'll have to rate 20 members. This cuts down on the effect of users who may have grudge against certain users or purposely intend to raise or lower reputation scores of others.

Don't take any single negative reputation rating personally. Other members can't see your negative reputation ratings and they really don't count as much as say Trader Ratings would. It's really more entertainment purposes, while the Trader Rating is your actual "reputation" on the site.

Hope this helps,

RJ

From another post putting #'s to it:

Quote:User is infamous around these parts (below -50)
User can only hope to improve (-50)
User has a little shameless behaviour in the past (-10)
User is an unknown quantity at this point (0)
User is on a distinguished road (10)
User will become famous soon enough (50)
User has a spectacular aura about (150)
User is a jewel in the rough (250)
User is just really nice (350)
User is a glorious beacon of light (450)
User is a name known to all (550)
User is a splendid one to behold (650)
User has much to be proud of (1000)
User has a brilliant future (1500)
User has a reputation beyond repute (2000)

(I think the above is spot-on)

A large thread (From one of -db-'s first posts.... awwww... memories! ;) ) that discusses this at length is http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=69317

-Allan

•••
I noticed that the second cube under my name appeared after I reached 100 rep points

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back