IT.COM

Got an offer for domain in the email!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I got this guy who emailed me...i did submit the domain for sale in a link they provided that would send out my domain list to several people..i just wanna know if this is for real or some type of scam?

original message!

------------------------------------------------------

Hello

Thanks for the posting. I'm a http://domains.Profit.com
subscriber (as a domain buyer) and you sent me an ad through their
direct email service.

I may offer you $2,000 for xxxxxx.net ( i took it out)

If it's not the highest bid at this moment, please let me know.

I'm a serious buyer and I need to get the following documents
for your domain:

1) Trademark issue. I must be sure that your domain does not have any conflicts with any existing trademarks. In other case it can be rewarded to other organisation and I'll lose my money and time. If you don't have a registered trademark for your domain please send me another kind of proof.

2) Type-ins statistics for your words from Overture.com. I must
know how often people type your words on search engines. I need names with good type in statistics.

3) Appraisal certificates for your domain (if any).

Please scan all documents you have and send to me via email. If something can be verified online (trademark resarch or appraisal links) just send me web links via
email.

Then we can discuss how to transfer your domain safely.

Please note that I won't reply if you don't send me all the documents.

I know that some buyers don't ask for all these documents but I offer you a good price.

Thanks again for sending me your ad. Looking forward to your reply.

Kindest Regards,

Andy XXXXXXXX
[email protected]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
hmm. looks legit but looks are deceiving. maybe take into consideration if that the domain is worth that much. then research more about the guy like ask questions.

•••
>3) Appraisal certificates for your domain (if any).

You need to be wary of this part. There are scammers who pretend to be interested in purchasing, but only really want you to pay for an appraisal. If they are really interested in the domain, then ask them to pay for the appraisal. You can also offer to reimburse the appraisal cost IF they actually purchase your domain.

See this discussion:

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5474&highlight=appraisal+scam

Good luck!

Apollo

•••
its a scam there allfordomains be very crefull using them im sure if u search for allfordomains on namepros ull find the link that shows there scam imho stay away by any chance is it andy griffin?

•••
Find out who he is

ZZN.com is a Free email sevice and why dont he use his own domain ?

if your selling make sure he sends 1st IMO ,

Good luck keep us posted

•••
Nice Jane!
I would personally reply to the person just so I will not miss any opportunity of sale. The request for an appraisal (if available) seems like a scam to me as well! Good luck Jane!

•••
ook well luckly i had afternic appraise my domain long before this showed up! i sent him the link!

lets say hes legit! Whats the next process, if he says he wants to purchase. remember i am stillnew at this.

•••
Looks and sounds fishy to me...

Mike

•••
•••
The original letter from domains.profit.com inviting people to list their names via an email list originates from Russia.....I received one this morning....BEWARE
Received: from hueymiccailhuitl.mtu.ru (hueytecuilhuitl.mtu.ru [195.34.32.123]) by registerfly2.com (8.11.6/8.11.6) with ESMTP id h9LGrh425198 for <[email protected]>; Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:53:45 -0700
Received: from greatalfa (ppp130-223.dialup.mtu-net.ru [62.118.130.223]) by hueymiccailhuitl.mtu.ru (Postfix) with SMTP id 0B7C1F906E for <[email protected]>; Tue, 21 Oct 2003 18:33:51 +0400 (MSD) (envelope-from [email protected])
I suspect that they are getting the names from ones listed on eBay,getting the info from your Registrar WHOIS and then making contact.

BEWARE

Last edited:
•••
Sorry jane, this is part of the allfordomains/fastdomainsales scam. Go ahead and pursue it if you wish, but as soon as they require that you get a paid appraisal, run. You'll never hear from the guy again after paying for an appraisal.

•••
I have the same experience and boy was it depressing! I posted here as soon as I got an offer via email regarding one of my domain names, but it turns out to be a scam by one of the users of [email protected]!!!

•••
OK i emailed the guy back! He emailed me back!
GUYS PLEASE ADVISE WHAT TO DO NEXT

he wants trademark crap! lol
the domain is naturalgirl.net
what should i give him?

Hello

Thank you for your prompt reply (+ appr.).
I want to remind you about my major request concerning the trade
mark.
I accept only official documents.

I really focused on purchasing names with at least some existing
traffic statistics.
You haven't any serious proofs?

You have a small type-in stat from Overture (for whole phrase).

Kindest Regards,

Andy xxxxxxx

[email protected]

•••
Ask him for recommendations on how to go about getting these, and I bet he'll be more than happy to tell you where to buy them.

Wouldn't do it, though, if I were you.

•••
I got the same email. Ad it to your spam filter :tu:

•••
Originally posted by Delete
I got the same email. Ad it to your spam filter :tu:

From the same person? :O

•••
•••
•••
Yea, please keep us posted.

•••
Tell him to do his own TM research, lets say if you checked and found none then sold the Domain and he comes back a month later saying he got a TM Violation email, you'd be responceable...

Its a nice name by the way, gotta love all Natural Girls, fakes dont do it for me :)

•••
Nothing more to add on except Scam.

If he is that interested, he should do the domain appraising or any sort of certification at HIS own expense.

He is trying to lead you into getting some sort of certification for your domain from one of his company and then you will get no response from him or some kind of lame excuse.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back