Domain Empire

Got a NamePros problem...."An add-on for this website failed to run..."

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
For about 3 weeks now, when I come to the Namepros site everytime I get this message:

An add-on for this website failed to run, Check the security settings in Internet Options
for potential conflicts.

I have gone through and changed all kinds of settings as above, but I still cannot stop the message and solve the problem.. I only have this problem with NamePros; I think the problem started when Namepros was down for a few days.

So who knows what is going on? And what I need to do? Anybody else getting this ?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm, that is odd. Does IE tell you which add-on it is? Does it give you a message to view more details?

•••
No , and thats the problem, IE doesnt tell me what the problem is or specifically what I need to do. The information bar comes up and says really nothing.

•••
Can you check which add-ons IE has installed? I believe in IE9 it is Settings -> Manage Add-ons

•••
have you updated your java?

If not, try it...

If it continuous, disable all your addons...

Let us know

cheers

liquid

•••

Something weird is going on; it's not just Namepros; a few days ago, I got the same message when I tried to access Google through my browser box.

But then it went away.

Very strange.

•••
Also, does this message persist? Is it only on the home page, all pages, ...?

•••

Something weird is going on; it's not just Namepros; a few days ago, I got the same message when I tried to access Google through my browser box.

But then it went away.

Very strange.

Google is monitoring you MS Domainer...:)

Just kidding...sometimes it could even be your internet connection...or google implemented some test, who knows...no panic mode required :)

Cheers

Liquid

•••
I have Internet Explore 9.

The problem is only occuring with Namepros, no other website shows this message.

For the last few weeks I have done all the options above... enabled almost everything that was disabled and prompt checked... made a note of it..and nothing... rebooted several times.. still have the problem...

Funny, the message comes up with Namepros, but I see nothing missing on the screen without this "stated add-on"

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

only on the homepage when bring up the website

•••
Do you know if you are using the most updated version of Flash?

•••
For about 3 weeks now, when I come to the Namepros site everytime I get this message:

I get one similar that says something like "*shagging.us for sale" (the dance) j/k

An add-on for this website failed to run, Check the security settings in Internet Options
for potential conflicts.

You probably have "Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins". Disabled.

Could be the version of jquery used by NP changed:

<a href="/a" style="color:red;float:left;opacity:.5;">a</a><select><option>text</option></select><object><param/></object>

Code:
http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/4550

and (i just realized the following ticket actually had all the information)

http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/4017

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back