Domain Empire

Google's new test user interface!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Raf

Established Member
Impact
I'm not sure if any of you guys have seen this yet, so I thought I'd post it up. Google has decided to test release a new user interface to their existing search engine which is titled "Google X" at the Google Labs. The style of the interface is very similar to that of the Macintosh interface (dock). Well enough talking for now, you guys should check out the information below and give your feedback about it.

Main Link: http://labs.google.com/googlex/
Google News Post: http://www.google.com/googleblog/2005/03/google-goes-x.html

My Feedback:

In all honesty I don't think its all that bad, it might be easier for people that like things to be big instead of small text so it might improve the way people see the Google search engine. As for how others will take the approach, I guess we'll have to see what you guys have to say as well.
:hehe:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I tend to always like google but that is personl and not the point. That is a excellent idea of google to copy apples mac increase menu bar idea. It will defently help on the schools computers which have green,pink,purple screens because they expired 100 years ago. (They are acient) :topic:

Anyways I really like this search skin. I wish they would do something about that ugly gray search buttons lol.

Regards,

•••
I HATE MACS..nice idea but macs suck..
but its prety cool,
just when the images are enlarged they get blurry

•••
majinbuu1023 said:
I HATE MACS..nice idea but macs suck..
but its prety cool,
just when the images are enlarged they get blurry

First thing Mac does not suck lol they may not be as good as Windows in your opion but they certenly do not suck.

Next thing you have a different res then me because they are crystal clear on mine.

Regards,

•••
Microsoft and Bill Gate's gonna be pissed when they see this line:

"Roses are red. Violets are blue. OS X rocks. Homage to you."

•••
look pretty cool
kw31 said:

And i love the fact that they have put that on the page :)

•••
•••
Quite interesting if you ask me... And it's only the beginning!

•••

haha now thats funny...yeah i think its a cool idea even tho i dont like macs too much

•••
I bloody love it! Looks awesome. :tu: :tu:

•••
HI

Thanks for the link nice to see google to bring out something new again,

But there is a lot happening with the new Yahoo Adsence and the news of MSN going to bring out their own version things are really going to change in the next 12 months.

Still this new interface looks nice.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
w00t to them! I love it... they need to animate the icons a bit better though as it is very static when you run you mouse over them.

w00t to apple as well! I think it is great they are getting this kinda publicity... I hate microsoft, just because they are as big as they are, but have the worst program ever!

The pictures don't blur for me, but I feel they are slightly big... it would be better if the search bar was closer to the logo, but then again... its great anyway! :)

•••
Google just moved up one "cool point" in my book... Mad props.
-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
-Allan

hehe my thoughts :)

•••
•••
IAmAllanShore said:
-Allan
maybe I am overly cool giving, but google was already at the top of my "cool" list anyway.

Google is one of those websites which I never think of as a website. With most websites I usually think "wow... this site must generate a lot of traffic" or "this site is rubbish" but with google I never think those things. I use it more like a tool. It's worthless to me, but it provides an essential part to the running of the web.

Therefore google posseses the maximum amount of "cool points" in my database (no-one keeps books these days!)!!! :lol:

NB: the database refered to above is hypothetical. Please do not think I am a geek or anything - I am going to do it sometime! :lol:

•••
404's, seems like google have taken it down :(

•••
soapbath said:
404's, seems like google have taken it down :(

:( are there any screenshots?

•••
Yeah, A screenshot would be nice. Maybe someone has it in cache or something? Common!

•••
I saw it earlier, did not seem much different aside from icons. Am I missing something?

•••
ohh, sounds like i missed somthing good :( someone must have it in cash.

QBert

•••
•••
Unfortunately Google decided to take their project down, armstrong posted a website where you could look at screenshots of their project titled "Google X".

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back