NameSilo

news Google X Is Now Just Called 'X' - Should they buy x.com from paypal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Alphabet has 26 companies.

A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K, L, M, N, O, P, Q, R, S, T, U, V, W, X, Y and Z

It is all public information guys. You die-hard .com investors have been duped. It's all been one long marketing ploy of Google and XYZ since the Silicon Valley episode and you guys are falling for it through the ups and downs hook line and sinker. Wake up, this is nothing more than a carefully planned and well executed marketing campaign for abc.xyz. The negotiations between XYZ and Google started when Daniel Negari met the company's executives and bought .car from them. This is easy common sense. Remove your personal bias or you'll lose your net worth.

ChrisRice.xyz

Last edited:
•••
I am sure there was a big marketing campaign by Google because they cannot buy abc.com. I'm sure they involved Negari somehow in this plan. But he has nothing to do with Google almost succeeding (will most likely succeed) in buying ABCDE...ABCDEFGHILJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ.COM. The likes of which I cannot fathom for any marketing plan. What the heck, does ABCDEFGHIJKMNO.COM ever even get any visitors to redirect to wherever Google plans to operate, presumably ABC.XYZ. It sounds like a drunken plan developed whilst partying at a Domain Conference.

The OP, but he can speak for himself, thinks it might be amusing how far Google are prepared to go in these strange endeavors by Google, sorry Alphabet, throughout their organization. $65k is peanuts for them, although it's going to take a lot of money to pry x.com away from paypal. PayPal have recently changed their strategy. So there just might be a window of opportunity open for Google/Alphabet to buy it for big bucks. If I owned Google. I'd buy it, simply because it's a beautiful priceless domain, and I could afford it :) If I win the PowerBall, I'm going to buy it from paypal, for sure ;)

•••
•••
•••
Yup, can be nice 7 figure deal !

•••
7 Figure deal for a single letter Dot Com?

LL.com are selling in the 7 figure range.

Since X.com is one of only 3 (i think) L.com domains in the world, it is off the charts in terms of scarcity. Hence, the price would have to be in 8 figures at the very least and I doubt Paypal would part with it for less.

•••
7 Figure deal for a single letter Dot Com?

LL.com are selling in the 7 figure range.

Since X.com is one of only 3 (i think) L.com domains in the world, it is off the charts in terms of scarcity. Hence, the price would have to be in 8 figures at the very least and I doubt Paypal would part with it for less.
Z.com sold for 6M, although I assume X would maybe worth about the same, it could be higher. Paypal could, of course, decide to sell their whole company to Google like they did with Ebay.

•••
Google might be better for PayPal than eBay turned out to be ;) Then they get X.COM free with the purchase :)

•••
They could merge the Google Checkout with that company like they did when they discontinued Google Video after their 1.65B buyout of Youtube. So yes, I think Google could do well with a Paypal.com purchase.

•••
PayPal also could do well out if it :)

•••
Yes, I think Ebay held that company hostage to an extent for far too long. At least now you can see them making some headways like the Paypal.me/username rollout.

•••
Z.com sold for 6M, although I assume X would maybe worth about the same, it could be higher. Paypal could, of course, decide to sell their whole company to Google like they did with Ebay.

True and remember that X.com is a CHIP. I don't doubt that some Chinese company somewhere would be prepared to pay an 8 figure sum for the prestige especially in an age of Chinese companies with 200 Billion market caps.

Only four exist on this earth - the rarity is off the charts.

•••
•••
HUKU, you do realize Z.com was sold by Nissan to a Chinese company?

DNMART - all but a few single letter gTLDs are reserved.

aqp8oLG.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single-letter_second-level_domain

I want a time machine!

Last edited:
•••
FACTS:

- Google is planning to re-enter China.
- .XYZ will be one of the first foriegn registrars to get approved in China
- Verisign does not have a license to sell .com's in China

QUESTION:

Why did Google re-organize under the name Alphabet and choose the most premium .XYZ domain name?

ABC.XYZ

•••
To my understanding Elon Musk still has a clause to this day to buy back X.com from Paypal (from before having been "ousted" by Peter Thiel) before they are allowed to sell it to anyone else, since it was him who initially bought X.com for his own "X" payment startup before merging with Paypal..

you can read up this detail in his biography from Ashlee Vance called "Elon Musk: Tesla, SpaceX, and the Quest for a Fantastic Future" which i have just finished reading last weekend.. will add the page number when i find it again (once i am home, at work right now)

ps: could be he will make use of that clause to use X.com for his SpaceX business, if one day he felt like it

•••
NOTICE OF CLASS-ACTION SETTLEMENT.
pYu6qT4VYIGhMSqlzUukV08JXlSSrS4oYzc2S75ziBnmMoE_UhxCfFAOwopY8dS2uUOiZmRjjj0uYduAVT1a_QDtFsMH1XmzGmd1unmzuEcw-MK9Ncagn2NNUkliCXvIskRDfsZsr_MX0ym4XKJaoe0n5A=s0-d-e1-ft

pYu6qT4VYIGhMSqlzUukV08JXlSSrS4oYzc2S75ziBnmMoE_UhxCfFAOwopY8dS2uUOiZmRjjj0uYduAVT1a_QDtFsMH1XmzGmd1unmzuEcw-MK9Ncagn2NNUkliCXvIskRDfsZsr_MX0ym4XKJaoe0n5A=s0-d-e1-ft

THIS NOTICE MAY AFFECT YOUR RIGHTS. PLEASE READ IT CAREFULLY.

A settlement has been reached in a class action in which the plaintiffs allege, among other things, that PayPal improperly handled disputed transactions on PayPal accounts and improperly placed holds and reserves on accounts or closed or suspended accounts. Plaintiffs also allege that PayPal failed to provide annual error-resolution notices and monthly account statements under the Electronic Fund Transfer Act.

You are a member of the Settlement Class if you had an active PayPal account between April 19, 2006 and Nov. 5, 2015. Certain Settlement Class Members who had a hold or reserve placed on their account and/or who had their account closed or suspended by PayPal are eligible to receive a monetary payment upon submission of a valid claim form.

This notice summarizes the proposed settlement. For the precise terms and conditions of the settlement, please see the Settlement Agreement available at http://www.accountholdsettlement.com/, by accessing the Court docket in this case through the Court's Public Access to Court Electronic Records (PACER) system at https://ecf.cand.uscourts.gov, or by visiting the office of the Clerk of the Court for the United States District Court for the Northern District of California, 1301 Clay Street, Oakland, CA 94612, between 9:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding Court holidays.

PLEASE DO NOT TELEPHONE THE COURT OR THE COURT CLERK'S OFFICE TO INQUIRE ABOUT THIS SETTLEMENT OR THE CLAIM PROCESS.

•••
FACTS:

- Google is planning to re-enter China.
- .XYZ will be one of the first foriegn registrars to get approved in China
- Verisign does not have a license to sell .com's in China

QUESTION:

Why did Google re-organize under the name Alphabet and choose the most premium .XYZ domain name?

ABC.XYZ
They own it - my guess - or will own it

•••
MIIT is the Chinese government organization responisible for regulating the internet and domain names. They already decided which TLDs (.com, .net, .xyz, etc.) will be allowed in China and which ones won't. It was decided on December 25th, 2015 but the list isn't public yet.

If Verisign did not get a license for their .com it will be blocked in China effective March 1, 2016.

.xyz is supposed to get a MIIT license "early in 2016". Plan your investment portfolio accordingly.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back