Dynadot

Google toolbar revises MS's SmartLinks concept...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Back when Microsoft came out with SmartLinks, everyone complained that their privacy was being invaded and webmasters screamed that there were now links taking people off their pages to other sites. Now Google has this feature in a new toolbar, though it's not as open ended as Microsoft. It will make addresses link to maps that point to Google Maps, vehicle identity numbers to vehicle history, package tracking numbers to delivery status, and publication ISBN numbers back to Amazon.com (which I hope includes ones affiliate ID, though I doubt it). No one is screaming bloody murder at Google like they did at MS. Wonder why?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
im not sure I understand?

do you mean like "relevant links". eg: the toolbar reads the website's content and displays links to pages like it?

I object to toolbars because I use opera and they don't work on opera so i object to them because they are predjucice!

:) :lol:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back