Dynadot

information Google Search Trends for Music Industry Terms

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Lox

____Top Member
Impact
For the past few months, I have been overhauling and updating my websites for better optimization and user experience. I have come across a lot of valuable industry data that I usually use to promote and improve RadioFacts but I was also thinking that perhaps industry people would be interested in some of the data that I come across like with Google searches and trends, for instance, as it pertains to our industry.

... Let’s start with some of the radio corporations. Most are more or less around the 10,000 monthly point but iHeart and NPR clearly stand out. Both are two of the most progressive corporations in the industry and a large part of that is their online presence.

You may ask yourself why someone would search for a radio corporation and that’s a good question. Out of most of the corporations, iHeart and NPR use the brand and couple it with the stations and other products to get the biggest bang for the buck. These are iHeart and NPR’s website addresses or permalinks which Google credits for searches. Notice what the permalinks say:

https:// real923la .iheart.com

Notice how iHeart uses their corporate name in the link to LA’s real 92.3, the station slogan AND the dial position. They are going to rank for several keywords with this address like:

• Real 923
  • 923 radio
  • iheart 923
  • iheartradio real 923
  • iheartradio
  • real923 la
So if someone types in “923 radio” because iHeart uses it in all their branding for the station, they will most likely come up first.

NPR does the same thing with their KCRW station. This is great SEO link quality and brand recognition. You see the corporate name, the station, the call letters and even the city.

read more (radiofacts.com)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back