IT.COM

new gtlds Google introduced .page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

salmansf

Established Member
Impact
Google recently introduced .page extension. Is anyone hear about it?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I agree that the set of extensions Google sponsored appear strange. I could see .dev, .app, .mov, .zip and .page to some degree. Re Kate's question the key point is how they would be used by end users. The Japanese language extension in the list means 'everyone' but apparently just under 2000 people yet feel everyone applies to them! The .soy apparently has a meaning as "I am" in some languages, as well as the obvious food group one. Again it has attracted few users.

I think that .page will find some traction, but less so than .app. While it could be used in various senses as in communicate with or as an assistant or literary sense of pages in books, I think IF it is successful it will be predominantly as an extension for single page websites used for documents, resumes, documentation, statistics, etc. It will be interesting to see how many TM holders signed on to .page - that was substantial with .app.

ps Answering my own question re how many in TM stage, I see it is up on NameStat: 320 registrations in TM stage so far, with 149 through MarkMonitor -- this link should show the numbers up to the previous day.

Last edited:
•••
What would end users do with these TLDs ? Just wondering..
Other than the obvious "register keyword because (dot)com taken".. maybe Vanity page like Kate's.page

Last edited:
•••
Not yet, I heard even didn't find the relevant result on Google while searching for the same.

•••
•••
I only got one for the heck of it.

Meeting.Page

•••
I was pre-ordered 6 domains for .page tld but I successfully registered 5 domains.
Cryptocurrencies.page
Cryptocoins.page
Freeweb.page
Mytravel.page
Articles.page

•••
I just regged one:

Ranks.Page

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back