Domain Empire

Google hates me

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all,

Can someone please shed some light on why i'm unable to find myself on Google, unless i type in my full URL?

My site has been online for 3 weeks now and i thought i had a good enough domain to receive a decent ranking.

My search terms are: "thunderbirds movie" and "thunderbirds the movie"

My URL is: www.thunderbirdsthemovie.com

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Jon

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Other than your title tag, I couldn't see any text on your site that used those keywords. Also would help if you had other sites link to you using your search term, for example,

Thunderbirds The Movie <- when google sees this link it should index you under that term.

•••
•••
•••
Google informed me, (when I was applying for AdSense) that it takes from a week up to 6 months in order for you to be entered into the Google Directory.

If you can find your URL on there when searching for it, that means you are in the directory. Now all your searches depend on is popularity. (I.E., being linked to other sites, increased traffic, etc.)

•••
build up some text on your site and make sure you include your keywords.

Like RJ, just build up links until you see it there.
There really is no magic submission or quick way to it - It just takes time. Also, try to get your inbound links from high PR sites preferably from your type of site "theme".
After the lastest update google has become more strict on requiring higher PR sites.

•••
Your site is a PR0 right now because it was only created a month ago (not even) and has zero backlinks.

Find some PR5 or above sites that are willing to link to you and you'll see a radical improvement in your listings.

I'd also register the domain with dashes and then use HTACCESS to redirect the typein name to the dashed name so Google gives your domain name some rank (ie. no one searches for "thunderbirdsthemovie" by itself without spaces)

•••
PR5? Who are they and where can I find them? (the sites, lol)

•••
I've now registered: thunderbirds-the-movie.com thanks to your advice Aww, however i'm a little confused to what HTACCESS is?
can some please point me in the right direction.

Many thanks,
Jon

Originally posted by aww
Your site is a PR0 right now because it was only created a month ago (not even) and has zero backlinks.

Find some PR5 or above sites that are willing to link to you and you'll see a radical improvement in your listings.

I'd also register the domain with dashes and then use HTACCESS to redirect the typein name to the dashed name so Google gives your domain name some rank (ie. no one searches for "thunderbirdsthemovie" by itself without spaces)

Thank you all so very much for taking time out to reply and helping me with this, it is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jon

•••
Re: Google hates me

Originally posted by Guppy
Hi all,

Can someone please shed some light on why i'm unable to find myself on Google, unless i type in my full URL?

My site has been online for 3 weeks now and i thought i had a good enough domain to receive a decent ranking.

My search terms are: "thunderbirds movie" and "thunderbirds the movie"

My URL is: www.thunderbirdsthemovie.com

Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks,
Jon

Is your domain a "fresh reg" or is it previously owned?

Check your stats has googlebot visited your site? if not invite it to visit your site by submitting your site at http://www.google.com/addurl.html

Submit your site to DMOZ and wait. Based on the last update google will be updating within the next two to three weeks

If you know someone who has a site with decent PR ask them to put a link to your site on theirs. This will get googlebot and the other crawlers there faster.

•••
Originally posted by x3knet
PR5? Who are they and where can I find them? (the sites, lol)

PR5 is page rank 5 download and instal google's toolbar this has a pagerank bar on it and will display it's rank when you visit the page

•••
Originally posted by filth
PR5 is page rank 5 download and instal google's toolbar this has a pagerank bar on it and will display it's rank when you visit the page

Any other way to determine pagerank?

•••
•••
Thanx a lot :D I appreciate it. So the Google Toolbar is a good thing to get I'm guessing?

What's a Page Rank 5? (PR5) Sorry about asking the questions, never heard of these terms.

•••
•••
I installed the Google toolbar not long ago, not only does it show PR but blocks those nasty popups as well :)

Mike

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back