IT.COM

advice Google: Don’t Choose Cheap TLDs, Avoid Spam Risks

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

News

Hand-picked NewsTop Member
Impact
Google advises against cheap TLDs due to spam risks, says TLD keywords don’t improve SEO.
Illyes explained that cheaper and free TLDs attract more spam, potentially impacting your legitimate site’s visibility on search engines.
The danger lies in search engines associating your site with the predominant spam presence in that TLD.
When Splitt asked if owning a domain like fantastic.coffee could offer any SEO benefits for a coffee shop, Illyes responded with a definitive “No.”...
Read More

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great article, but also kinda funny considering that Alphabet/Google uses xyz 😵‍💫

•••
Great article, but also kinda funny considering that Alphabet/Google uses xyz 😵‍💫
I’ve been an SEO for a long time and when these domains began popping up I had concerns that they would hinder my SEO.

Google classifies these domains such as xyz as TLDs (same as dot coms) so xyz domains, dot io domains as well can rank just as well as dot coms.

I would say, from a Google SEO perspective, avoid keyword rich domains when purchasing a domain that you will SEO and think of branding first.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back