Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

domain Golf course .com

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

spikedo

VIP Member
Impact
257
I happened to win an auction for a .com that I liked the sound of. It turned out to be a place name, generic in nature (think something like "forest glen" or "mountain hill"). Well, it also turned out that the .net is owned by a golf course (for several years). If I was them, I'd be interested in buying the .com. So in anticipation of interest, how do I price something like this? I know it's hard to give an appraisal without me naming the domain, but I'd like to think some of you could suggest a ball park figure. Thanks.
 
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
high $xxxx
 
0
•••
Depends on the budget / sophistication of the golf course. They may figure, screw it, we're in the SE's and everything is copisetic, why bother -- plus, we don't know anything about how much it should cost.

On the other end of the spectrum you might find a person saying "we could get 3x the traffic, 3x the signups, and increase our revenue by 1.5 times a year for a total of X,XXX so they may be willing to pay a lot more"

It's tough to valuate the name w/o knowing the actual course, but I'd say if they are interested in buying, you should seek out well into the X,XXX - XX,XXX for a large course, pebble beach / augusta / etc -- and X,XXX for lesser courses.

Good luck
 
0
•••
w/o knowing the domain, it'd be tough to say.. might also be TM issues if the course is well-known..
 
0
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back