NameSilo

GoDaddy takes away domain use from owner when asked to do by MySpace! Awful...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
GoDaddy yanked a person's domain from resolving without any notice (per the account owner) for content on the domain that MySpace objected to. No court order - nada, just from a complaint.

This is a free speech issue and in my opinion shows just how anti-customer rights Godaddy is. See more on this NEWS.COM article about Godaddy's action concerning this one domain:

http://news.com.com/GoDaddy+pulls+s...laints/2100-1025_3-6153607.html?tag=nefd.lede

All GoDaddy customer should take this as a warning shot about how Bob Parson's company will apparently not be looking out for them and their interests, but rather bowing to companys' requests to deactivate or perhaps even delete domains. Your domains do not appear to be safe at GoDaddy...

I recommend switching any domains of value to another registrar that cares about your domain ownership rights ASAP (such as Moniker or other reliable registrars).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
MarcelProust said:
You can do better than this. You don't have to get so angry. I'm not running after making unfounded accusations. I'm behind my arguments and I try to explain them as best as I can.

Sorry for sounding angry. I'm just tired of ppl saying things without justification. You've justified yourself so I take that back -- post away. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back