Top Bottom
Dan.com
Dynadot
Not just WP from what I read. There were reports of other types pages hacked as well - some running things like Joomla, some not. Either they a launched a barrage of exploits targeting GD's IP range or they found a vulnerability in their hosting environment.

Not just WP from what I read. There were reports of other types pages hacked as well - some running things like Joomla, some not. Either they a launched a barrage of exploits targeting GD's IP range or they found a vulnerability in their hosting environment.

One comment on their site:"Their hosted sites were php, asp and coldfusion sites" .... it must be the GD hosting environment since these are 3 different languages with different coding methods AFAIK, unless there is one huge exploit what could affect three different languages?...i am not a coder but that seems strange to me

Cheers

Liquid

I have non wordpress sites on GD and they have been compromised.

Sorry to hear that!

Wordpress and Joomla ARE common vectors for attacks - one host that I use recently instituted a policy of "upgrade to the current version or have your installation disabled" for their shared hosting customers. Draconian, but I guess it works.

Impact
It's not a WP issue blog.sucuri.net/2010/05/found-code-used-to-inject-malware-at.html - Sucuri Security: Found code used to inject the malware at GoDaddy

GD fess up blog.sucuri.net/2010/05/reply-from-godaddy-regarding-latest.html - Sucuri Security: Reply from GoDaddy regarding the latest attacks

Last edited by a moderator:
Name Worth