IT.COM

GoDaddy fools us again!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

omelet

Top Member
Impact
I am not sure why this happen again and again and again.

Some of my godaddy names just expired 5-18 days, and when I transfer the expired names today to uniregistry, Uniregistry shows that "registrant missing". Normally only domains in redemption period can show this kind of status, but my names not expired.

I then approach godaddy online chat staff. Again, this kind of shit happen again. They said I need to renew first, then can transfer.

Why joke around domainers? They keep losing reputation and confidence

so sad with these evil people and this evil brand, godaddy!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Joe Styler

I am sorry to see your company made this unprofessional and evil behavior again.

•••
Finding you the right agent…
Info
at 23:41, May 24:
You're chatting with Sai Ravali.
Sai Ravali
Thank you for contacting sales and support chat, my name is Sai Ravali. How may I help you today?
You
hi there
Sai Ravali
Hi.
Sai Ravali
at 23:42, May 24:
How may I assist you today?
You
at 23:42, May 24:
I have several domains just expired but still in grace period, i want to transfer away the names, but uniregistry system shows that the names have missing registrant
Sai Ravali
at 23:44, May 24:
As I understand your domains in your account is expired and in grace period, you want to transfer domain to another registrar.
Sai Ravali
And the domain names have missing registrant.
Sai Ravali
Am I right? If Iam wrong please correct me.
You
yes you are totally right
Sai Ravali
at 23:45, May 24:
May I know your customer ID and Support pin please ?
You
Customer #:44********
You
pin: 1***
Sai Ravali
Thank you for validating your account.
You
at 23:46, May 24:
Here are the names; ***rous.com eliteco***.com ju******.com lad*****.com len*****.com lov*****.com nexsl****.com pig******.com
Sai Ravali
Thank you.
Sai Ravali
May I know why you want to transfer the domains?
You
at 23:47, May 24:
auth code all correct, even some names not expired, still not be able to transfer
You
I transfer away because I want to transfer
Sai Ravali
Okay.
Sai Ravali
at 23:48, May 24:
May I know for which domain registrant is not shown?
You
at 23:48, May 24:
I have already shown you: ***rous.com eliteco***.com ju******.com lad*****.com len*****.com lov*****.com nexsl****.com pig******.com
Sai Ravali
at 23:50, May 24:
Thank you.
Sai Ravali
at 23:51, May 24:
Please stay connected.
You
ok
You
thx
Sai Ravali
at 23:58, May 24:
As I see some domains are expired and in mock redumption state. And some domains are expired but can be renewed.
You
at 23:59, May 24:
which one in redemption?
You
at 0:00, May 25:
i dont see any of them in redemption
You
not sure why godaddy block ppl from transfering , it is so annoying
You
i have initiated transfer but just to today i saw those names didnt transfer successfully
You
at 0:01, May 25:
it's very unprofessional
Sai Ravali
AM******.COM is in redemption state.
You
its exactly 3 week
You
i already initiated 3 days ago, but never successfully transferred, annoying
You
at 0:02, May 25:
please fix the problem
Sai Ravali
at 0:03, May 25:
I understand your concern, I apologize for that.
You
at 0:04, May 25:
please help me resolve the problem now
Sai Ravali
at 0:04, May 25:
We don't have any restrictions for domain transfer from our end.
Sai Ravali
at 0:05, May 25:
I noticed few domains already got expired, If you would like to continue with it.
You
come on, dont blablablabla, please help me fix the problem
Sai Ravali
Request you to renew it.
You
i am transfering those name, please fix the registrant missing problem
Sai Ravali
at 0:06, May 25:
And then you can transfer to another registrar.
You
dont joke around, no need to renew
You
why are you still cheating people????
Sai Ravali
at 0:07, May 25:
https://dcc.godaddy.com/dcc50/Defau...E68E8F85D79F870CA8&shopper_id=44784885&plid=1
Sai Ravali
In order to transfer the domain name, it should be in active status.
You
i am owner of 3000+ domain names and I have been managing domain names for years
Sai Ravali
Then its possible to transfer.

You
you keep telling lies
You
at 0:08, May 25:
please connect me to your boss
Sai Ravali
at 0:08, May 25:
Please stay connected. For better understanding Iam transferring this chat to my supervisor.
Info
at 0:11, May 25:
Transferring your chat to Rajani.
Info
You're chatting with Rajani.
You
please, godaddy, be responsible
Rajani
This is Rajani Marati, one of the Supervisor.
You
BE Responsible
You
please read my chatting record
You
at 0:12, May 25:
and fix the transfer problem immediately
Rajani
You would like to transfer the domains to other registrar.
You
i m getting angry now.
You
at 0:14, May 25:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/godaddy-fools-us-again.1083111/
You
at 0:15, May 25:
please read this
You
i have reported you evil behaviour to namepros
You
i am 10 year domainer that I managed over 3000 names, I am surprised your staff keep joking and fool your customers
You
at 0:16, May 25:
really sad to see your unprofessional and ugly behavior
Rajani
at 0:17, May 25:
Allow me sometime, because I need to check each domain name status from my team.

•••
Screen Shot 2018-05-25 at 12.30.51 AM.png

•••
if i'm not wrong, godaddy were locking domain 30days PRIOR expiry date...

•••
•••
I am not sure why this happen again and again and again.

Some of my godaddy names just expired 5-18 days, and when I transfer the expired names today to uniregistry, Uniregistry shows that "registrant missing". Normally only domains in redemption period can show this kind of status, but my names not expired.

I then approach godaddy online chat staff. Again, this kind of sh*t happen again. They said I need to renew first, then can transfer.

Why godaddy staff have so many mootthhher fuuuuckers ? Why joke around domainers? They keep losing reputation and confidence

so sad with these evil people and this evil brand, godaddy!

I had the same issue, when i was transferring domain to namecheap few days ago,
I initiated transfer and varified via email.
But it did not go through. After 24 hours I contacted namecheap support and asked what is the reason even I approved it, they said that we can not fetch it is showing nothing when they try to fetch name on account, contact, email etc etc
I told them to please check godaddy whois, you will find all info.
He did so and found all info. I requested him to do it manually from his end, he did and I was on the road.

Your scenario is a bit different, but it might solve if you follow above method.

But this is true that godaddy has been hiding info from other registrars.

•••
does that mean we cannot transfer away the names if domain expiring????

I guess.... Godaddy renewal cost were sky high upto 15$ and they were loosing a lot of domains (customers) due to this pricing system

•••
•••
does that mean we cannot transfer away the names if domain expiring????

@Joe Styler
You certainly can transfer away domains after they expire up until 30 days past expiration. It seems like the supervisor was asking the domains to make sure they were all within that window.
With the new gdpr rules and various companies handling the WHOIS differently we now only require an auth code for a transfer. Most registrars have adopted this ICANN approved temporary solution. I have not personally transferred a name into Uni in the past two days so I don't know what their interface asks for right now but it should be as simple as unlocking the domains and getting the authorization code.
https://www.godaddy.com/help/transferring-expired-domain-names-5019?

•••
You certainly can transfer away domains after they expire up until 30 days past expiration. It seems like the supervisor was asking the domains to make sure they were all within that window.
With the new gdpr rules and various companies handling the WHOIS differently we now only require an auth code for a transfer. Most registrars have adopted this ICANN approved temporary solution. I have not personally transferred a name into Uni in the past two days so I don't know what their interface asks for right now but it should be as simple as unlocking the domains and getting the authorization code.
https://www.godaddy.com/help/transferring-expired-domain-names-5019?

Thank you

I m right now working with uniregistry to figure out Whois problem

Also, I talked to Godaddy staff on phone also, they said I need to renew first to transfer away. Anyways I know they are not correct

•••
GoDaddy@ cosmtmer service/staff very bad and illiterate .....
They not understand your problems.... i am also facing a problem@godaddy.... Online chat and many times calls to GoDaddy but they not solved my problem.
I have a registered a domain ( not registered GoDaddy) but my domain show GoDaddy premium selling. Many time talks'godaddy customer services and say please removed it's our premium listing but they not solved.

•••
Uniregistry is still wanting a form of authorization so any registrars that have reduced whois due to GDPR are unable to transfer there currently.

•••
Thank you

I m right now working with uniregistry to figure out Whois problem

Also, I talked to Godaddy staff on phone also, they said I need to renew first to transfer away. Anyways I know they are not correct
Godaddy should do more training with them.

•••
GoDaddy@ cosmtmer service/staff very bad and illiterate .....
They not understand your problems.... i am also facing a problem@godaddy.... Online chat and many times calls to GoDaddy but they not solved my problem.
I have a registered a domain ( not registered GoDaddy) but my domain show GoDaddy premium selling. Many time talks'godaddy customer services and say please removed it's our premium listing but they not solved.
contact [email protected] with the domain name and they can help you.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Why don't you just renew or transfer your domains BEFORE they expire and avoid all this nonsense?

Last edited:
•••
Why don't you just renew or transfer your domains BEFORE they expire and avoid all this nonsense?

do you know .com renewal on godaddy will cost you 15$?

•••
do you know .com renewal on godaddy will cost you 15$?

That's why i don't register a domain with them. Wander around for $1-2 domain discount codes and be happy with GD for that and when you see $15 renewal, you go berserk!!

Rather opt to pay $6-9/yr then be in this mess.

•••
This is what I've been saying every time an issue like this arises. I mean literally every thread about transfers or renewals going wrong is by someone who has let the domain go into expiration. People need to wise up.

•••
That's why i don't register a domain with them. Wander around for $1-2 domain discount codes and be happy with GD for that and when you see $15 renewal, you go berserk!!

Rather opt to pay $6-9/yr then be in this mess.

i just notice now that Godaddy also raising their regular .com registration price to $11.99
they were really pushing this too far....

•••
i just notice now that Godaddy also raising their regular .com registration price to $11.99
they were really pushing this too far....

Well. They have to recover the money they lose when we register domains at discounted prices. I would rather pay a bit more at other registrar and not pay exorbitant money to renew them later.

•••

We simply follow game rules. If domains are allowed to transfer away after it expired within 30 days, then we should be able to transfer.

This is the logics and also the business ethics

Ppl also ask why don’t you renew first or transfer before? Wow, stupid question. People make decision based on what they are allowed and not allowed. We follow rules. We each domainer has our different situations, and decision made.

The key point is Godaddy setup rules allow to transfer away, but they don’t respect that rules, policies, and their customers. This is not good for all of us

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back