IT.COM

discuss GoDaddy Fixed The Sales Killing Estimated Values On Searches?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Just priced some domains at Afternic to get on the distribution network, of course only some get thru but as I was checking the ones that did go thru on GoDaddy, it seems they figured out how to show Estimated Values that don't kill sales. What I mean:

Let's say you priced a domain at $400 at Afternic and GoDaddy values it at $1,200, and somebody searches on that name, it will show as:
$400 - Estimated Value $1,200 - now that will help sales because to the user it will look like they're getting a bargain.

Now, let's say you price a domain at $5,000 and GoDaddy values it at $800, and somebody searches on that name, it will show as:
$5,000 - they're not showing the Estimated Value since it's below that number and that could kill sales.

I know Rick Schwartz would rage against this and rightfully so. Not sure if this is something new, or some change that took place last couple of years. Trying to catch up on what's happening. Could a thread on this already and I'm missing it.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just priced some domains at Afternic to get on the distribution network, of course only some get thru but as I was checking the ones that did go thru on GoDaddy, it seems they figured out how to show Estimated Values that don't kill sales. What I mean:

Let's say you priced a domain at $400 at Afternic and GoDaddy values it at $1,200, and somebody searches on that name, it will show as:
$400 - Estimated Value $1,200 - now that will help sales because to the user it will look like they're getting a bargain.

Now, let's say you price a domain at $5,000 and GoDaddy values it at $800, and somebody searches on that name, it will show as:
$5,000 - they're not showing the Estimated Value since it's below that number and that could kill sales.

I know Rick Schwartz would rage against this and rightfully so. Not sure if this is something new, or some change that took place last couple of years. Trying to catch up on what's happening. Could a thread on this already and I'm missing it.
I noticed this a few days ago, as well.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back