Dynadot

GoDaddy - Domains Not Available When Free To Reg

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ollie3000

Top Member
Impact
Anyone else had this issue before....

I've had an issue a few times with GD, when I find some single word domains. They are placed in my cart and then at purchase they are removed as 'unavailable to reg'. That would be fine if it was true, but the domains were in fact available. So I persisted and kept placing them back in my cart and then one by one managed to reg all the domains I wanted.

The conspiracy theorist in me tells me this is them holding back domains but surely that can't be right? The examples today are:

Telecoms
Boyfriend
Jade
Saturn

All in a ngtld

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Were they all in the same ngltd?

•••
•••
yea all the same ngtld but not sure if uni reg?

•••
Well I had an issue with .uk the other day on GoDaddy. The customer service agent stated that with certain companies like nominet and other, they do not update their listings correctly and it can cause issues. Not sure if this was GoDaddy covering their own issues or whether it may be an issue caused by the databases they need to access in order to check availability.
Since your domains were all on the same ngtld it may be a similar issue.

•••
It's happened to me a few times in the past. I checked these were available on other platforms first not just GD. I got them in the end but it feels like they were being held back.

•••
Why not try another registrar? Namesilo, GD etc are good bets and they support several nGTLDs

•••
I've also had this issue, a few times I've bought and paid for domains only to be informed a day or two afterwards that it's already registered!

•••
Why not try another registrar? Namesilo, GD etc are good bets and they support several nGTLDs
this is the best solution..

•••
And were they one of the nGTLDs operated by Uniregistry?
No.
OP is talking about .life drops... .life is managed by Donuts...

p.s. I use 1and1 for $1.17 .life regs/transfers... except Premiums (they are NOT supported there).

•••
No.
OP is talking about .life drops... .life is managed by Donuts...

p.s. I use 1and1 for $1.17 .life regs/transfers... except Premiums (they are NOT supported there).

Yes dot life but not drops - hand reg premiums.

•••
•••
Saturn is 100% drop... it was in my list...

•••
edit....yes Saturn is the only drop in that list. Sorry forgot that one.

So...

Telecoms
Boyfriend
Jade

Hand Reg £2.99 each but it was a battle to get them. For or five goes before finally they went through

•••
I've also had this issue, a few times I've bought and paid for domains only to be informed a day or two afterwards that it's already registered!

They're already in my account. I hope they don't get moved away.

•••
edit....yes Saturn is the only drop in that list. Sorry forgot that one.

So...

Telecoms
Boyfriend
Jade

Hand Reg £2.99 each but it was a battle to get them. For or five goes before finally they went through
Then they are just standard domains if such price.
Premiums are starting from ~$40 and renewal is equal.

•••
Then they are just standard domains if such price.
Premiums are starting from ~$40 and renewal is equal.

I suppose it's all in the eye of the beholder! I would consider these premium based on the sale values of there corresponding .coms. Also the fact they're very popular keywords and memorable dictionary words.

Renewal is £28 per year.

I think if you spend time looking, they have not set all good .life words as premiums in their system - this means they can still be hand mined.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, most .life domains are available at regular fee...

Regarding 28 GBP renewal per standard domains...
Try another registrar... this rate is definitely uncompetitive...

•••
Yes, most .life domains are available at regular fee...

Regarding 28 GBP renewal per standard domains...
Try another registrar... this rate is definitely uncompetitive...

Yes it's really high! But the reg cost was low. I'll probably move them elsewhere if I can't sell them before renewal.

Where have you had success selling your ngtlds? I have an account on NameJet - might email and see if they accept ngtlds

•••
I use Bodis and ParkingCrew... and this is enough for me.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back