Domain Empire

question GoDaddy Domain Control Panel - Scroll Bar Removal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Got a question for anyone using the GoDaddy domain control panel with a lot of domains.

The sideways and up and down scrolling is killing me. I have a huge monitor and I am constrained in this tiny little window with the constraints set by godaddy.

Has anyone found a way to break out of this little window? Maybe a greasemonkey or a tampermonkey script?

I'm only beginning to add domains, when I have hundreds in there its going to drive me nuts.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Joe Styler does go daddy have a solution for this?

I know I can edit the sideways columns but again my monitor is much wider than this window.
Additionally whenever I make a change the up and down scroll will not show a few domains at the bottom unless I refresh the tab.

This window is much to small for the majority of people using widescreens now.

•••
There is another view if you click the top right under the green menu bar. You can choose the Beta view it gives you the view for your domains across the full screen.

•••
Saw that but its pretty basic by comparison, a power user needs information and the old layout gives me what I need. I finally decided to start moving some domains in and in the next few months there will be hundreds coming in but the control panel is squished into such a small window I am forever scrolling sideways or down even though I have so much room on my monitor.

That is a simple setting in your code instead of assigning a fixed window size you set to 100% and the window will size to the browser window. Fluid design is so much better than trying to constrain into preset measurements.

•••
Saw that but its pretty basic by comparison, a power user needs information and the old layout gives me what I need. I finally decided to start moving some domains in and in the next few months there will be hundreds coming in but the control panel is squished into such a small window I am forever scrolling sideways or down even though I have so much room on my monitor.

That is a simple setting in your code instead of assigning a fixed window size you set to 100% and the window will size to the browser window. Fluid design is so much better than trying to constrain into preset measurements.
The Beta is the new view it will add in more of the older options and also some good bulk management features over time. There are some good things planned.

•••
@Joe Styler beta might be beta for ages and for now it lacks functionality. The main version has irritating frame at the bottom, because of which in some cases my scroll bar disappears and I have to manually drag it, which is very annoying.

•••
@Joe Styler beta might be beta for ages and for now it lacks functionality. The main version has irritating frame at the bottom, because of which in some cases my scroll bar disappears and I have to manually drag it, which is very annoying.

That happens every time I make a change and then I have to refresh the page. So irritating when I'm trying to do multiple tasks.

The beta is not for power users, the way its coming together is it's going to be for retail clients. We need our info fast and on one screen. The current system is clunky but it works, we just need to fix the scrollbar stuff.

•••
I fixed the lower frame blocking the domains

Before
Picture0026.png

After
Picture0027.png

I used my Ad blocker to block the lower frame element with the godaddy copyright. Now that part does not load and the complete field is visible. I think godaddy has not noticed that because they affix the copyright to the bottom of the screen and screen sizes differ. With the 1920 aspect ratio (most new desktops) the copyright blocks the domain names after a change has been made.

Solution by go daddy.... just let the page scroll and let the copyright go to the bottom of the page and do not affix it to the bottom of the screen.

Now I am going to see if I can make a tapermonkey script for chrome that will make the inner window bigger to get rid of the scrollbars.

•••
Logged in this morning and the control panel fills the whole window

OMG.... they changed it, what an improvement (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

@Joe Styler - was that your doing?

Could other members please confirm the control panel now fills the whole screen?

It looks soooooo good - the control panel now runs the whole width of the screen.

•••
Logged in this morning and the control panel fills the whole window

OMG.... they changed it, what an improvement (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

@Joe Styler - was that your doing?

Could other members please confirm the control panel now fills the whole screen?

It looks soooooo good - the control panel now runs the whole width of the screen.
Not sure I can take credit for it but I did let someone know.

•••
Regardless, excellent fix works great.

I am transferring in my domains as they become due.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back