IT.COM

GoDaddy Bargain Bin

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Does anyone use the Godaddy bargain bin to get deals? How successful have you been in catching and reselling from the Godaddy Bargain Bin.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddy's pretty efficient at selecting their best stuff to retain or auction. If it's in the bargain bin, it's a dog.

•••
SO then how do you get good domains at low prices besides regging

•••
Are we talking about the closeouts ?
There are some good names that slip through the cracks but not that many.
For example brandable or non-English domains. That's why they evade mass processing tools :)
It's not that different from the droplists, 99% is junk.

•••
There are countless deals daily in the closeouts, the types that have obvious potential end users.

The key is you have to be able to pull out the gems, which is not that easy.

Brad

•••
Ditto to what everyone said. It takes a lot of patience to weed through the junk, but it's fun to do. Feels like thrift shopping. :)

•••
I've bought a couple of good ones from there - if you only take a glance, the quality seems to be low, but if you start searching, you'll find some gems in there :)

•••
I wouldn't say GoDaddy Closeouts are totally crap. They are maybe only 99%+ crap. You can find some bargains there. But not very often. I don't think you are going to find a $5k domain there. You might find a $1k domain there. But mostly anything you buy is unlikely to sell. It's a crap-shoot. I go there maybe 4 or 5 times a month. Sometimes I pick up a domain which takes my fancy. But I don't have any illusions about selling it for thousands. I'd be pretty happy in most cases with hundreds. Which in most cases, doesn't make it worthwhile to hold the domains won. Unless this was consistently repeatable. Which it isn't. IMHO. I'm a passive seller. No outbound.

The problem being, that the regular expiring auctions are picked clean by most of the big buyers. But as others have said. Occasionally something will fall thru the cracks. I wish you Happy Hunting.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
8 Year old thread. :ROFL:
In 3rd grade already, this thread is moving on up in the world

Trick is to find crap that someone dropped and then the rest happens, hopefully.

•••
8 Year old thread. :ROFL:

I think the question today is about a relevant as it was 8 years ago :) Only worse. Every auction in the expiring auctions seems to be competing with bots today.

Last edited:
•••
There's also confusion here.

"Bargain Bin" is a separate class from Closeout names. I'm not even sure if expired names end up in "bargain bin". It's clunker central.

•••
I'm likely an exception here, as I doubt there is anyone that MANUALLY goes through the daily lists as deeply and thoroughly as I do.

I find great names at closeout all the time .. but the hidden cost there is TIME! Time that you need to spend going through the lists. I list some of what I consider the most notable/interesting closeouts each day at NameCult and in my list here at NamePros (links in my signature). All the ones I've personally bought obviously I kept off my lists.

Because I already share so much, I don't like to openly say how much I spent on each specific domains, but just to give you an idea, a good number of the domains I've shared here were closeouts. If you want to know about a couple of specific ones, feel free to send me a private message.

Just note, that just because I put a domain in my daily lists, does NOT necessarily mean that I recommend buying them.

•••
•••
With Huge Domains madly buying up virtually any domain that matches an aged+letter count+valuation algorithm, only a limited number of viable domains even hit closeout status anymore.

Back in the day you could get some great deals by watching auctions and seeing what squeezes by - now the vast majority you see are turds because of Huge Domains vacuuming up the majority of GD aged domains.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, if you really want a domain you have to pay. If you play the fall to closeout game, you will not outsnipe them, and if you bid before the clock runs out, they will counter with a auto proxy of a few hundred dollars. You really have to pay up if you want the domain.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back