Dynadot

GoDaddy backorder

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just venting, but I hate godaddy backorders.

Yes they are relatively inexpensive, but only after paying do you find that the backorder is already taken by someone unless you already have an open slot. I went to do a backorder and after paying found someone already had that one reserved. Had to use it to try a secondary name. I did this a while back and had to try about a dozen before I found one, and then had to cycle through the drop cycles of about 7-8 names before even finding something worth the $19.

I also once signed up for the exclusive option where you get so many slots a month, but found you pay the extra fee whether they pickup the name or not. They look inexensive going in, but in the end maybe not.

I sure miss the old $8.95 namewinner pickups.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
AdoptableDomains said:

me to...

I miss snapnames as well, when they used to be king

•••
doubledee999 said:
AdoptableDomains said:

me to...

I miss snapnames as well, when they used to be king
namewinners were the best

•••
...and the cheapest at the time.

•••
Hate it when you cannot use your backdoor credit to register a domain. So if the domain failed to be backordered, I just pick another one or do I have to inform the company beforehand?

•••
maybe we should collectively write godaddy and give them a clue?

•••
Yes we should! This is so unfair. Arghhh~~~Now I have to go look for another domain to backorder *shrugs*.

•••
You can see if a name has been BO'ed already before buying your BO by simply searching to see if the name is avail., it will say BO this name if it hasnt already been taken.

You can go ahead and simply change the name once your BO fails.

Mike

•••
Tippy said:
You can see if a name has been BO'ed already before buying your BO by simply searching to see if the name is avail., it will say BO this name if it hasnt already been taken.

Mike
i never knew that

•••
Tippy said:

Mike

So it shows you that before you have a backorder account purchased? I must have missed that among all the site clutter on GD. I get so used to ignoring all the add-ons, I probably could miss it.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back