IT.COM

GoDaddy Auctions

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Bean

Top Member
Impact
Hey guys, will my BIN/make offer marketplace listings on Godaddy be removed if I don't renew my Auctions membership or are the domains permanently available to buy once I list them? thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good question. I've been trying to find the answer, I thought it might be clear from the sign up page for GoDaddy auctions but it is not. https://uk.auctions.godaddy.com/trppricing.aspx

I would expect that if you paid for a listing then it would remain. I would expect that if your membership elapses that all of your activities within GoDaddy auctions would cease as if you weren't a member.

Would like confirmation from someone in the know though.

•••
Good question. I've been trying to find the answer, I thought it might be clear from the sign up page for GoDaddy auctions but it is not. https://uk.auctions.godaddy.com/trppricing.aspx

I would expect that if you paid for a listing then it would remain. I would expect that if your membership elapses that all of your activities within GoDaddy auctions would cease as if you weren't a member.

Would like confirmation from someone in the know though.
Hi, I was actually on chat with a Godaddy rep just now, he confirmed that marketplace listings under buy now/make offer do get removed if Auctions membership is not renewed.
Honestly, I feel it's a real shame, it doesn't cost Godaddy anything to keep domains under BIN/make offer listed on their marketplace, most registrars offer this for free plus Auction membership only costs $5, Godaddy would benefit a lot more from a BIN sale on their platform. A better system would be to require Auctions membership to add more domains to the marketplace or modify existing BIN/make offer listings. Oh well.
BTW, I haven't used Godaddy in a long time, I don't know when they got around to implementing this but it's definitely nice to see they finally offer 24/7 chat support :)

•••
Nice work. I have to disagree that it doesn't cost them anything, they are providing a service at the end of the day. But glad you got the answer so that other people can find it in the future.

•••
I, of course, have no problems with them charging a fee for the service they provide, it is a business afterall and $5 a year is negligible. I just feel it would be mutually beneficial to keep BIN/make offer domains listed, more domains on a marketplace means higher probability of a sale. Godaddy would make more money from a BIN domain sale than the $5 they charge for membership plus the more sales a marketplace has the more popular it is likely to be. Also, having to pay $5 to keep your domains listed might be a turn off for people who only have a few personal project domains that they would like to sell.
Requiring Auctions membership to list new domains or modify existing listings makes more sense to me since it would be aimed at active domainers who are regularly using the platform and constantly adding new domains to their portfolio.
It's all good though, at least, you can pay for 5 years Auctions membership upfront :)

Last edited:
•••
bahahah what kind of question is this... how u expect to login or respond to offers if u have no membership... of course they get removed and of course they should. juat skip a stupid ststarbuck coffee one day and pay the 5usd

•••
bahahah what kind of question is this... how u expect to login or respond to offers if u have no membership... of course they get removed and of course they should. juat skip a stupid ststarbuck coffee one day and pay the 5usd
It's not so much about the $5, if you re-read my comments, I just think that a slightly tweaked implementation of the membership would benefit both sellers and Godaddy a lot more 😜

•••
You can list your domains at Afternic for free. They will appear at Godaddy. (y)

•••
It's not so much about the $5, if you re-read my comments, I just think that a slightly tweaked implementation of the membership would benefit both sellers and Godaddy a lot more 😜

well u cant tweak it.. if u let people with no membership to login to respond to offers then this is equivalent to making free for all. which they will never do. cause why not keep on making 5usd x millions of users ..vs making zero

•••
well u cant tweak it.. if u let people with no membership to login to respond to offers then this is equivalent to making free for all. which they will never do. cause why not keep on making 5usd x millions of users ..vs making zero
Yeah but if any of these offers convert, Godaddy stands to make a bit more than $5.
My idea is simple, if you list domains under BIN/make offer, after your membership expires, your domains still appear on the marketplace but you cannot add new domains or modify your existing listings. If you want to modify your listings, you then either have to renew your membership or delete your domain from the marketplace.
This way, the fee would mostly apply to active domainers, they would need the membership since they are constantly adding new domains to the marketplace. At the same time it would allow people who are not domainers but only have a few domains from past projects to use the platform without the need to pay a membership fee every year just to keep their few domains listed. Right now, these people are more likely to turn to a service like Sedo or some other marketplace where they can list for free. If I were Godaddy, I would want to keep them on my platform because the more domains I have to offer to potential buyers, the higher the probability of a sale.

Last edited:
•••
Yeah but if any of these offers convert, Godaddy stands to make a bit more than $5.
My idea is simple, if you list domains under BIN/make offer, after your membership expires, your domains still appear on the marketplace but you cannot add new domains or modify your existing listings. If you want to modify your listings, you then either have to renew your membership or delete your domain from the marketplace.
This way, the fee would mostly apply to active domainers, they would need the membership since they are constantly adding new domains to the marketplace. At the same time it would allow people who are not domainers but only have a few domains from past projects to use the platform without the need to pay for a membership fee every year just to keep their few domains listed. Right now, these people are more likely to turn to a service like Sedo or some other marketplace where they can list for free. If I were Godaddy, I would want to keep them on my platform because the more domains I have to offer to potential buyers, the higher the probability of a sale.

I'm sure they would view any such tweaking as way more complex than the 5usd they ask. and so should we all see any such tweaks or changes not worth 5usd. at 50 or 100..maybe we could talk about it. at 5 per year this whole thread is just laughable and ridiculous.

•••
I'm sure they would view any such tweaking as way more complex than the 5usd they ask. and so should we all see any such tweaks or changes not worth 5usd. at 50 or 100..maybe we could talk about it. at 5 per year this whole thread is just laughable and ridiculous.
Ultimately, when all is said and done, you are indeed correct and I mean this seriously. And it's not even about $5 being a relatively small amount.
The price is the price, always. Only the airy will question or argue over the price. The only choice one has when facing the price is to pay or not to pay.

•••
Ultimately, when all is said and done, you are indeed correct and I mean this seriously. And it's not even about $5 being a relatively small amount.
The price is the price, always. Only the airy will question or argue over the price. The only choice one has when facing the price is to pay or not to pay.

5usd per year is not a relatively small amount. it's just a small amount.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back