Dynadot

GoDaddy auctions - 7 day vs 90 day

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Amphibia07

Established Member
Impact
Can anybody elaborate on the pros and cons of each, aside from just the number of days they are open?

The reason I am asking is because I was under impression that 7 days public auction will be much more popular. Because you know... who will be sitting on an auction for 90 days in a row. When I go to auctions I always sort by number of bids, or by closing date, as there is no point bidding on something 78 days until closing.

So I have downloaded their auctions to excel and quite surprisingly, about 90% of auctions are 90-day "offer/counter offer" type, 5% are buy now, and only 5% are 7-day auctions. This can be skewed because of keywords, but it still tells the picture that most people list for 90days and not 7days.

I am guessing that's because of simplicity and not having to relist each week. You just park it there and leave it hoping that an up-and-coming startup will magically enter the exact keywords of your domain and make you an offer. Then it saves time relisting them every week. Or is there any other reason - like 90 auctions being open to non go daddy registered accounts or something?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back