IT.COM

GoDaddy Auction Scam

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
This actually happened today. I had backordered the domain friendbook.net at GoDaddy and it was aquired and went to auction because more than one person had backordered the same domain. The auction closed today at 1PM CST. I logged in about 11:30 AM CST and the auction had 1 hour and 30 minutes remaining. I log back in at 12:35 PM CST to place my bid and auction is closed and already registered to the new owner. Total BS in my opinion. Well I guess Ill be looking for a new registrar and domain services provider because I am officially done with them. Me and my money will be doing business elsewhere.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So the auction closed, yet still had 25 minutes to go?

•••
•••
That sucks! Not too many people have anything good to say about their auctions, so it's not too surprising really.

•••
Just to counter this
HostMantis said:
Not too many people have anything good to say about their auctions

I think their auctions are a great place to find domains. After all, they do have what, about 40% of the market.

•••
Did you contact GD, what did they say?

•••
I would like to hear how this pans out. I remember an auction I thought ended early, but I wasn't completely sure it was not my mistake .

•••
Probably contact Godaddy if I were you... maybe something happened with the previous owner?

•••
The previous might have renewed the domain. Auction gets closed automatically if the domain is renewed.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back