Domain Empire

question ‘GlobalStablecoins.com’ Is A Trademark

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Woke Monkey

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
‘GlobalStablecoins.com’ have just announced on Twitter that they have achieved Trademark Status for the same name.

It was my understanding that you can’t Trademark generic and descriptive terms.

Will this affect owners of existing .com Stablecoin domains?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes it will. The same thing happened with Facebook's Libra as well.

Generic terms can be trademarked, eg: Caterpillar, Fox, Orange, Apple etc

•••
Yes it will. The same thing happened with Facebook's Libra as well.

Generic terms can be trademarked, eg: Caterpillar, Fox, Orange, Apple etc

Surely you cant Trademark generic and descriptive terms for use in the same industry as it’s meaning.

I understand that UDRP analysis of a generic mark is simple but you cant just have a monopoly on a Industry keyword like that.

What about the singular, would UDRP class it as being confusingly similar to such a Trademark for use in the same Classification?

Last edited:
•••
What about the singular, would UDRP class it as being confusingly similar to such a Trademark for use in the same Classification?

Yes, it would be, stay away from singlular, typos and other confusingly similar versions of it. Its not worth the risk or your repuation on here as a squatter.

Last edited:
•••
I think that if they are not the creators of the term stable coin and only added global anyone could add a prefix, suffix as well

IMO

Last edited:
•••
Agree with the above...

Also if your domains pre date the trademark, you should be OK

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back